Question Best convertible carseat for 03' Toyota Tundra Access Cab- Canada

U

Unregistered

Hi!

My husband and I are looking for a convertible carseat that will fit in my 2011 VW Golf and his 2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab. We would preferably like a carseat with is RF to 65 lbs and can be FF and a booster as well. Does anyone know of a carseat that will work for what we are looking for? In the research I've done so far it's seem near impossible to find something to fit with the small bench seat in his truck!! We are NOT looking to buy a new vehicle, so hoping to find someone who's been there done that who can offer some advice to help us out...thanks in advance!

ADS

brooksfamily

Re: Best convertible carseat for 03' Toyota Tundra Access Cab

Hello and Welcome!

What's your budget?

Are you looking for 1 seat to go back and forth between the two cars, or 1 seat for each vehicle?

lgenne

Just to set expectations a little: there is no car seat on the market (any market, not just US) that meets all your requirements, much less one that fits your vehicles. No car seats rear face to 65 pounds. And getting something that rear faces a long time and eventually becomes a booster limits you to essentially one car seat: the Graco Milestone and the Graco 4ever (which have minor differences, but are basically the same seat). Depending on what you really want, it's probably more feasible to buy something that works for now and the relatively near future in your vehicles, and when that car seat is outgrown, then look for the next thing that will work.

Can you tell us more about the kid(s) that will go in these car seats? Age, height, weight? What are your rear facing goals?

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the responses, to answer your questions:

We would like a seat that can go back and forth between our vehicles with ease!
Budget - I don't really want to go above $400, but of course would prefer to spend less!
Child - My son Grant is 9 months old, 30 inches tall, and approx 22 lbs (hasn't been weighed in a while)
As far as getting something that we can use RF until 65 lbs I think I made a mistake...the seats we were looking at RF to 40 lbs and then FF to 65 I think ...doesn't the Britax Marathon do that? That is the seat we've been looking at, but I'm not sure if it will fit. We would like to RF as long as possible.
Unfortunately the Tundra is not insured right now, so we can't bring it to the store to check if the seat will fit.

kaitlyn

Senior Community Member

Just to set expectations a little: there is no car seat on the market (any market, not just US) that meets all your requirements, much less one that fits your vehicles. No car seats rear face to 65 pounds. And getting something that rear faces a long time and eventually becomes a booster limits you to essentially one car seat: the Graco Milestone and the Graco 4ever (which have minor differences, but are basically the same seat). Depending on what you really want, it's probably more feasible to buy something that works for now and the relatively near future in your vehicles, and when that car seat is outgrown, then look for the next thing that will work.

Can you tell us more about the kid(s) that will go in these car seats? Age, height, weight? What are your rear facing goals?

Just as a quick note, neither the 4ever or Milestone is available in Canada.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC