Please help!

kkcoconut

I currently have the graco4ever and am looking at replacing it with a different seat. My 16 month old has horrible reflux and it causes head slump that causes her to choke even on recline position 1. I have the combi coccoro that she does really well in but is about to outgrow it RFing. Does anybody know if the foonf, chicco or britax would work better when it comes to head slump and reflux kids? I also need something to where the harness easily tightens as my MIL has trouble tightening the 4ever.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

jwilliams

I would consider the Foonf or Fllo for a few reasons. I think that the the Clek seats might do the best job of relieving pressure on the stomach that could aggravate reflux. The harness is very, very smooth and easy to loosen and tighten, definitely more than the other two seats you mentioned. I think on the max recline the Clek seats would be without head slump issues, especially since the head restraint and harness adjustment are independent. My youngest moved from a Coccoro to a Fllo and has had zero complaints. (I mention this because the Clek seats seem so much harder than the Coccoro!).

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The foonf and fllo have the same shell. The differences are in the energy management features and the bases.

Dillipop

How is she outgrowing the coccoro? Is she within an inch of the top of the shell or does it have an overall height limit that is close to her height?

kkcoconut

She's within 1" of the top of shell with the infant insert. I called combi and they told me that since she isn't 25lbs that she has to continue using the insert till she reaches 25 lbs.

Dillipop

She's within 1" of the top of shell with the infant insert. I called combi and they told me that since she isn't 25lbs that she has to continue using the insert till she reaches 25 lbs.

Doesn't the manual also say "or when the child is too big for the straps with the insert?" Any chance your scale is off 4 lbs and she is actually 25 pounds? Or that she can wear really heavy shoes?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC