RSTV vs BubbleBum for travel at Disneyworld?

cats2

My nearly 6 y/o twins still use a FR 85 -harness mode in our main car and a Radian in the secondary car. Neither are exactly travel friendly seats as many are aware. The kids have yet to be booster trained, but they're not squirmy types either, and tend to follow the rules given. I probably should have started booster training, but was putting that off til after we do a June road trip. It's too late now, since we'll be leaving this Friday for Disney.
I know that they won't need anything on the Magical Express from the airport to the resort, but we might use a taxi or rent a car for transportation within Disneyworld. The in-park bus system seems so time consuming, which is why I'm looking to bring something for my kids. I have a set of RSTV-2 that they've used last yr on a weekend trip out of state (flew for a family wedding), & have a pair of BubbleBums just in case some niece/nephew needs to use a booster. These will be short car trips, resort to park or resort to resort for dinner, so I don't anticipate them falling asleep (in fact, that's why we want to rent a car-to get back to our room quickly for a midday rest/nap and to get back to the room after dinner without worrying when the next bus comes). I may need to pack whatever I use, in a backpack that I'd be taking into the parks that day, so lighter/less bulky would be nice (this assumes that we take the bus to the parks & then taxi back for breaks).
DS is around 46" and 48lb or so, and DD is around 44" and nearly 50lb, so they're not petite. I'm guessing RSTV is likely the best way to go, but just wanted to see what others think about this.

ADS

melissa621

I know nothing of booster seats, but I do go to Disney World 6+ times a year and as long as we are staying on propery, we take the buses. I love them. We're only 3 hrs away so we always have a car, but I prefer the buses. There are so many in rotation and the wait isn't long. Plus when you take them to the Magic Kingdom, it drops you off right in front, instead of parking, taking the tram to ticket and transportation center, then getting on the ferry or monorail to get to MK.

kathysr98

I would take the Bubble Bums. We needed a seat one time on our trip to Disney because we cut it too short for the buses on an ADR at another resort and had to take a taxi. In that case you would sit in the back with them and be able to correct behavior as necessary. I, however, would not take them to the parks daily since it's much harder to reach a taxi than a bus to return to your resort.

cats2

Thanks for the replies! I guess I should've mentioned we're staying at the Poly, so going to MK or Epcot will be by boat or monorail for those parks. The only days I would consider bringing things for the kids would be when we'd be going to AK or DHS. In both cases, I have dinner ADR's between 5-6pm (but was still planning a midday break at our hotel). Actually our AK day ADR is at Boma, so would require a bus transfer, to do resort to resort. By the time we're done with dinner, AK will be closed, so would need to do a bus transfer at a different park. I think taxi or driving on that day is the only way we can make it happen and get the kids to bed at a reasonable hour. As for the buses, in the morning we'll be at a time disadvantage since we're from the West coast, likely with jet lag (& we are a rope drop sort of family). Just trying to maximize our rest time. I've read through EasyWDW, TouringPlans, & the DIS transportation thread for info on bus frequency. It's our first visit to WDW, so the entire transportation issue is a bit overwhelming. It seems to be much easier at Disneyland to take a midday break- no transportation involved, just walking. I do have a reservation for a car for the week, but that was mainly for DH wanting to do an offsite activity.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC