Top Tether Anchors in Older American Car in Canada

U

Unregistered

Hello all!

We have just purchased a 1999 Volvo S70. It's American and it does not have any top tether anchors. Our Canadian 1998 Volvo V70 has one anchor and pre drilled holes for two more. But I don't see any holes in our S70. Is there a retro fit available for a 99 S70?

Our 4.5y old will be in this car everyday for daycare drop pickup everyday. It's a drive of about 4 blocks in a small town. Other than that she will not be in this car. She is not heavy enough nor mature enough to be boostered, even for this short distance. Seat is likely going to be a Complete Air if that makes a difference.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

seb3244

Hi and welcome! I am not sure of specifics for that car but I would call a volvo dealer and give them the make and model and tell them you need one put in. In the US I am pretty sure vehicle manufacturers have to retrofit one in for you.

kaitlyn

Senior Community Member
According to the LATCH manual there is a retrofit available. There should be predrilled holes on the back filler panel (possible they are covered up and need to be uncovered for installation. It says the part you need is: "Tether hook" 9475763-0. If you call Volvo they should be able to help :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC