Combi Coccoro slipping

ardeur

We LOVE our ccc and it's the perfect fit in our Corolla. But... I have to regularly (monthly or so?) check that it's not loose. It tends to slip forward (when rf'ing) so that it's no longer level with the ground like it's supposed to be. Does that make sense? Is this normal? I use the LATCH exclusively. Is there something I can do to keep it fixed in place?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Their recommended fix is to use the tether rear facing. You could also try installing with the Euro routing of the seatbelt instead.

lgenne

I find that Euro routing makes the tipping too upright problem worse. Euro routing + RF tether (or LATCH + RF tether) gets a nice, solid install, but it's not an easy install.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I use the euro routing plus the tether in my Explorer and it's solid. It's definitely an advanced install. You might want to try and find a tech who is familiar with the Coccoro to help you. Where are you located?

littleangelfire

We have a 2007 Corolla, the Euro routing made it much worse, couldn't even get a good isntall with it. So I install and use the rear tether. It also seems to do better with LATCH than seatbelt for some reason.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I could not use euro routing without the tether in my Civic, but I get a rock solid install (with pool noodle) in my Suburban without the tether. I've had it Euro routed for a couple of months and no sign of movement.

It's definitely vehicle dependent.

ardeur

We own a 2001 Corolla and we're near Santa Barbara, CA. Our car doesn't have the hook on the floor for the rf tether. Is that what we would need to do the rf tether, or is it something else?

I can get it leveled perfectly and really tight, but over time it loosens up for some reason.

lgenne

There's almost never a designated RF tether anchor. You need to loop the D ring part that came with the CCO around a non-moving structural part, and hook the tether to the D ring. Page 62 of the manual is pretty clear.

aept

I had a foam "brick" I got from Combi for my mom's PT Cruiser.
They don't give that out anymore. It went to the Zeus. I tried to get one. I ended up returning the Coccoro I ordered as I could NOT get a secure installation (oops, just edited that, used to say "could get a secure installation.") If I had been able to Rf tether it, it would have been awesome. (I rigged it up to check.) But my car manufacturer doesn't allow for it. (They say there are no approved points for it.)

Last edited:

lgenne

With a 2001, you shouldn't need to worry about advanced air bag sensors, so anywhere that is non-moving should be fine. If you want to post pictures of the floor in your back seat we could probably come up with suggestions of places to try, just move the front seat(s) forward all the way before taking the pictures.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC