Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

BabyTrend Hybrid

Tech here, I have someone asking for help with their BT Hybrid, and I've never seen or played with one before. I've heard many horror stories about the install, and I've looked at the manual online, but it's American - meaning it references different belt paths for use with or without TT.
    Does anyone have experience with this seat up here in Canada?? The mom said it wasn't hard to install at all, so either I'm scared for nothing, or I'll be completely redoing and re-teaching the install of the seat. I've asked her to get her manual ready for me, but I'd kinda like to know what I'm getting into before I get there.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: BabyTrend Hybrid

I haven't installed it personally yet, but it does still have a complicated seat belt install in Canada is my understanding. If you have the US Manual the long belt path one is the one for Canada if I am remembering correctly.
    Oliver: 06/15 in his Keyfit 30

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlyn View Post
    I haven't installed it personally yet, but it does still have a complicated seat belt install in Canada is my understanding. If you have the US Manual the long belt path one is the one for Canada if I am remembering correctly.
    Yes. "Front entry" only in Canada. Bahaha.
    Natalie, CRST-I, mum of Greg (15), Megan (10), Benjamin and Samuel (6).

CPS Technician

Re: BabyTrend Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by tiggercat View Post
    Ha, I completely forgot that's how they word it.
    Oliver: 06/15 in his Keyfit 30

Quote Originally Posted by tiggercat View Post
    I'll admit, I giggled when I read the front vs rear entry bit in the manual.

So there's just the one seatbelt installation method then here in Canada? The long winding belt path one?