2015 Kia Sedona rental - WOW!

6lilbits

I just wanted to pass this on to those of you in the market for a minivan. Our Town and Country was hit by a garbage truck last week so we had to get a rental. Avis gave us the option between another Town and Country, Caravan or Kia Sedona. I picked the Sedona just because it was something different to try. First of all, it is an 8 passenger. It is SO ROOMY! I have 4 kiddos and one on the way and if we had the extra money to buy a new Sedona, I would. It has all the bells and whistles that a new minivan has. The 3rd row is so much better than our minivan. The bench is flat where the T & C has upturned sides so that the car seats are pushed slightly on their sides and end up being crooked. The 3rd row seat part also is not angled like our T & C and is not as deep either so there is more leg space. There is one set of tethers in the 3rd row on the right outboard where the tethers on the T & C is is in between the left outboard and middle (so stupid). The middle row with the extra seat is very spacious.
I really love this minivan so I wanted to share. If you have any questions, let me know. Highly recommend as far as space and car seat install. I so wish our T &C was totalled so we could buy this one:)

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
We rent a minivan perhaps once a year or so. They are almost always Grand Caravans, which really seem outdated like from 15 years ago. Last week I was surprised to find our rental was a Sienna. It was a lot nicer on our trip, especially third row comfort and leg room which is a main reason why we rent a minivan at all. Granted, these are low trim levels in rental fleets, but really I don't think the Chrysler/Dodge minivans compete well today.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've been impressed with the Sedona's last few model years. And it's a top safety scorer too, unlike the T&C... I really think it has the potential to make it up there with the Sienna and Ody,, much nicer for families than the domestic van ”offerings” (really only the one, bleh.)

SavsMom

We rent a minivan perhaps once a year or so. They are almost always Grand Caravans, which really seem outdated like from 15 years ago. Last week I was surprised to find our rental was a Sienna. It was a lot nicer on our trip, especially third row comfort and leg room which is a main reason why we rent a minivan at all. Granted, these are low trim levels in rental fleets, but really I don't think the Chrysler/Dodge minivans compete well today.

Sadly they sell pretty well but mainly due to price. I have several friends who needed a van but couldn't afford an Odyssey or Sienna but could afford a Caravan or Town & Country.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Yeah they had or maybe still have an America Value edition that was under $20K street price after rebates. Hard to beat that for a 7-seater.

SavsMom

Yeah they had or maybe still have an America Value edition that was under $20K street price after rebates. Hard to beat that for a 7-seater.

Exactly. Most people I know would pick a Sienna or Odyssey over the Chrysler vans in a heartbeat - but when it's not in the budget you go with what you can afford.

cpsaddict

We bought an 07 Sedona EX in December and I love, love, love it! Very roomy, smooth ride, car seats fit wonderfully. I just love it.

sunflower

In Montreal, it retails for $30,000 + tax. I just called the dealer today. (No used ones yet!)

I guess I'll be sticking to the second generation Sienna. Seems to be the only affordable option, that will be close in price to my Caravan '10 with 70k km. on it.

chicagonyc

I just purchased a 2015 Kia Sedona. Currently in a 2005 Honda CRV with 3 kids super tight in the back (one Britax Roundabout, one Radian RXT, one Graco Turbobooster).

I'll report back on how the Sedona is after I take delivery in a few days, but on the recommendation of this forum's top list, I got a Graco Affix for the oldest, a Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 for the middle, and I'll use an older Evenflo Symphony 65 for the youngest.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC