S1 RForever available online!

ADS

kidrepair

They seriously couldn't have tested it with harness covers? My kiddo hates having her neck rubbed raw in the summer while wearing tank tops or swimsuits.

lgenne

Actually, I contacted Safety 1st about harness pads when I first heard about it. The relevant part of the response I got:

"Since the harness covers are not a safety item it is the retailer that gets to decide if they want to purchase them for the carseats they are selling or not as it is an accessory. We do have them available in black as an accessory that can be purchased (they are under $4.00 with shipping) and if you would like to get a price quote we would need your model number and manufacturing date in order to do so. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance."

lanwenyi

Where can I find out more info about this seat?

Standing height limit for RFing?

This might just be the seat I need, even if it is ugly.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Sold one in store yesterday. Somehow doubt the kid being put in it will get anywhere near the RF limits, but it was that or the Recaro, and I'd rather sell this thing with the actual leg room than a Recaro any day.

Funny, and makes sense about the harness covers, because the Maestro at Target has them, and the Maestro at BRU doesn't.

That color matches, um, no one's car? But good for hiding crumbs, I guess?

CMeMeC

Sold one in store yesterday. Somehow doubt the kid being put in it will get anywhere near the RF limits, but it was that or the Recaro, and I'd rather sell this thing with the actual leg room than a Recaro any day.

Funny, and makes sense about the harness covers, because the Maestro at Target has them, and the Maestro at BRU doesn't.

That color matches, um, no one's car? But good for hiding crumbs, I guess?

It matches my mom's car perfectly, actually. None of her seats match it and I am pretty sure my 7 year old could still rear face in it, so I doubt I ever own one.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, that's cool, I just run into more 'gray' or 'black' lately, not so much of the tannish taupes...

lanwenyi

Well, we bought one. It doesn't match our car. It went into a car with a grey interior. Our other car has a black interior. However, it is the best seat for DS.

Now just waiting for DS to wake up so we can try him in his new seat!

bnsnyde

So an extended RF seat has to be black! I mean, mud and boots and shoes of older kids, yikes!!!

I want this seat, but...need a better color. :)

bnsnyde

OK...my first contact with the company.
I called them at 8:20am with some questions, and I do want to buy the seat.

It said call back later due to high call volume. If that's the customer service I can expect, ouch.

Edit: Ordered it as I like the design. Guess toddler will just remove shoes in winter. I want to install it before baby gets here. Has the safety features I like.

lgenne

Awesome! You have a 2011 Ody, right? I know you have 5 kids and another coming soon, but if you can manage it, I'd love to know if it works in the +1 seat. Planning to get one for the giant (almost) 5 month old when he outgrows the KF that's currently in the +1, and I'd like to keep him where he is.

Keeyamah

It's Monday, everywhere that has call centers has high call volume on Mondays. (Says the one who worked in 2 different call centers). Tuesdays or Wednesdays are better to call, generally.

bnsnyde

Yes, the plus one seat in 2011.
If it doesn't fit, then I guess..we'll go from there.

But I sure hope it does! :)
Not crazy about the light, ugly color (they could not tell me about machine wash options or anything on the phone when I got through as the seat was too new to have an info thing handy, I guess.)

Excited to install it, at any rate.

MelodyoftheForest

I saw one inTRU today, and the fabric is kind if stiff and not that soft compared to the SE. Something to consider, but I still want to try it again. Is there word on whether it can be used more upright under 22lbs for older babies? Or will I have to ask about that if it fits well at the upright angle in my car?

bnsnyde

Well, it seems to fit that seat.
But I don't want to be the final word.

I could not figure out latch (that's sad but it was a bit unintuitive).
I used seatbelt, which I think was the better option as it was easier to get it tight for me. 9 months pregnant install...:)

The fabric was a little darker than the picture, I think, so that's good for dirt. I think it's washable, too.

I installed it for the almost 2 YO. She will have to CLIMB to get into it, that's for sure. But it's so deep that once she's in...she can't squirm out while I buckle, lol.

Overall I am happy because I think she can now RF for a LONG time. She had very little growing room by height in the Advocate and she's still technically 1! (And had no leg room at ALL and would kick her brother).

bnsnyde

It won't let me post a photo. Upload failed as always.

I took a nice one, too.

One thing, I don't know it'd fit behind driver or passenger! But in the middle, we have room. Dad is 6'4" and I'm 5'8". Even if we were short, not so sure, lol. And we don't even have it reclined for a newborn.

I really wanted a LOW profile seat so tot could get into it easy (it's in the middle so I wasn't crazy about the deep sides anyway, and it'd probably be better to not have the hard outside of the seat so close to the kids sitting next to it). Radian would have been ideal but it does not install there well. Oh well.
At least she won't be able to reach the newborn and bother him.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC