Car "seat" regulation ? (re. Amazon product)

U

Unregistered

I was looking at a few things online and saw the following seat (and then several similar seats linked in their you might like section) on Amazon.

Amazon.com : Sun*Glory New Portable Children Safety Seat Belt Baby Car Belt & Car Seat Strap /Lap-belt : Baby

I am appalled that they are even allowing them to be listed for sale on their website and have reported them. I don't know off the top of my head (and couldn't quickly find) specific regulations that would allow them to not be sold here, beyond the OMG those look horrendously unsafe. Does anyone have specific things I can reference or want to report them to Amazon as well?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Please report it to Amazon- they do not want these sold on their site but need reports when they show up. Their chat has been very helpful in assisting me to report these, and the more reports they get the better.

AllieK

Isn't Amazon a global site? Certainly this product is legal in some countries (although I agree it's unsafe).
Posted via Mobile Device

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Amazon has other sites for other countries. (I don't know if it has other sites for ALL other countries, but there are others.)

All seats sold in the U.S. must meet FMVSS 213. Unfortunately, it's unclear whether NHTSA can do anything about non-legit companies like this. Reporting to Amazon (or etsy, or wherever else they show up) is probably the best course of action.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Isn't Amazon a global site? Certainly this product is legal in some countries (although I agree it's unsafe).
Posted via Mobile Device

amazon.com is a US site. amazon.ca is Canada, amazon.de is German, amazon.it is Italy, amazon.co.uk is the UK.

Wendy

jess71903

Ambassador
Please report it to Amazon- they do not want these sold on their site but need reports when they show up. Their chat has been very helpful in assisting me to report these, and the more reports they get the better.

Is there an easy way to report an item on Amazon?

U

Unregistered

Is there an easy way to report an item on Amazon?

I went to Help at the very bottom right of my screen, then Need More Help, then Contact Us, selected Something else, then More Non-Order Questions, then Other Non-Order Questions, then typed in a quick summary and then was able to choose Chat. A huge pain, but at least they have my complaint now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC