Vent Graco Snugride MEGA FAIL

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Nope nope nope, I do NOT approve.
I also don't have pictures... :eek:

Anyway, the new SR 30 at BRU has this base with a removable foot for recline. You take it off (or in my case, it FALLS OFF as you pull it out of the box :mad::eek:) and flip it for '2, some recline' or '3, more recline' (paraphrase), and the difference looks to be a centimeter and totally useless...?

It's just this little plastic rectangle that you pop on and off and snap back on, about the size of hallmark card envelope and just as easy to lose.

I'm mad. New parents have enough to deal with without random parts to lose off their infant seat. (I have similar feelings for Diono recline boots, of course, but no one is getting that seat because it's the cheapest option with the cutest fabric, kwim? You are *choosing* to get into that install excitement, this one just happens to be the best budget choice with a super cute cover...)

I hope Graco sells replacements cheap, and if I ran a fitting station, I'd try to get some extras to have on hand.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh my word. Can you link which one this is on so I can try to check this out? This seems like something we should all be calling to complain about...

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
This is the new entry-level SnugRide Click Connect base, unfortunately. Carrier will be available with front or rear harness adjuster depending on the store and price-point. Sometimes it's 2 steps forward and 2 steps back - and you feel like you haven't made any progress at all. SMH.

ETA - Actually, this model isn't the entry-level SnugRide. That one will be sold at Walmart with a 22 lbs. limit and and won't have any adjustment feature of the base at all.

More details from the ABC blog: http://carseatblog.com/29793/2014-abc-update-graco/

nannykates

At least they can all use all the bases? Does anyone know if the 22 is the same shell with a lower limit (so it will still have low slots)?

bnsnyde

I bought the 40 version.
It's in the basement and I think I maybe better install it soon. Or I'll be in the hospital and then husband has to, and that...

I have to look at ours more closely but it has a sort of foot tray thing?
I can say I'm pretty impressed with how it looks and feels so far. Much better for me than the Aton 2 I am replacing and didn't like.
Loved the Chaperone too but it's expiring.

I know that ANY extra parts to a seat get lost. Always.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I bought the 40 version.
It's in the basement and I think I maybe better install it soon. Or I'll be in the hospital and then husband has to, and that...

I have to look at ours more closely but it has a sort of foot tray thing?
I can say I'm pretty impressed with how it looks and feels so far. Much better for me than the Aton 2 I am replacing and didn't like.
Loved the Chaperone too but it's expiring.

I know that ANY extra parts to a seat get lost. Always.

Oh, the 40 is divine, totally love it...the LATCH, the lockoff, the awesome recline...*swoon*.

Yeah, all our other seats with extra 'things' just have them stuffed behind our floor models...cupholders, Diono strap covers, random stroller trays.. I find weird removable parts from all kinds of gear in my closets even now, and my youngest kiddo is 9! lol

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ok, seriously, the floor model of the Verb travel system is already missing the little footplate....probably because it FELL OFF the base when it was taken out of the box, just like mine did.

hate...hate...hate...

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Graco gets told about a lot of things and either dismisses them, ignores them, or lies about getting complaints in the first place. I doubt they care.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC