s/o Least favorite seats

ADS

bubbaray

I'll go because I have a few (in no particular order)

Graco ComfortSport. Which I affectionately call the CrappoSport. Not all harness slots are usable RFg and FFg and incredibly low top slots so that it is basically outgrown as soon as you turn it FFg. Waste of money.

Graco Nautilus. Both my girls had horrible head slump in this seat and said it was uncomfortable. Much preferred the Frontier

Sunshinekids Radian. Incompatible with my former 05 Ody (harness stuck). Waste of money for intended use. Poor CS.

bnsnyde

I think maybe the Clek Oobr because it was so shallow for leg support for my 6-year-old. And, it was a pricey, beautiful sturdy seat. It could have been perfect if only...

All our backup travel seats have been difficult to use. Sceneras and such...not a fan. But at least they were light.

And Aton 2 didn't work for me. Couldn't adjust it in base, difficult to click into base (had to hoover it over base, hard on my back). Harness got caught in base once on metal.
Just didn't care for it.

thepote

Hmm, probably the true fit... Way too wide for my skinny kids, and I don't like seats with continuous harnesses.

The Comfortsport I wish they would take off the market, but I've never used it. It could be great for the 18 months it lasts :rolleyes:

1mommy

AOE, its hard to install at the proper recline level, the top headrest /strap positions often aren't usable except in booster mode, and its a terrible booster and it rattles in the car when not occupied. I hate to think about all the misuse that goes on with it.

Guide 65 isn't a favorite but is ok, kinda hard to install rf but is narrow and compact and low profile so I feel it it fills a niche and at much cheaper then the Radians.

I'm going completely against the mainstream here but I just didn't feel the Marathon CT love. I thought it was lame the manual didn't say how to adjust the straps for older kids, and didn't like squishing my 2.5 year old into the seat rf, and didn't really like how you adjusted the harness length. Not to mention I wasn't impressed with the cow fabric which I thought I would love. *shrugs* It was an OK seat, but for the money I paid for it I expected to be wowed.

jacqui276

Harmony V7 (do they still make these?). You have to build it when you buy it (and the pieces don't always line up properly to put the bars through), it is a huge pita to install in every car I have tried and the high back booster belt guide is non-adjustable.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Anything Baby Trend... I'm having a massive issue right now with the flex loc 32 not fitting in the spare base that says it fits all flex locs(!). And since they choose to put their name on the crapola team tex/nania seats, I hate the Hybrid 3-in-1, too.

When the Dorel rep announced the Alpha Omegas are going away, he got a 5 minute applause at Lifesavers. Now, I need them to just be gone :p

ComfortSport, or whatever name it's hiding under now, Graco needs to just.stop.now.

nataliem257

Baby trend is really bad because they're crap disguised as nice seats. They look shiny and pretty and come with cool looking strollers, total bait and switch.

CMeMeC

I'll go because I have a few (in no particular order)

Graco ComfortSport. Which I affectionately call the CrappoSport. Not all harness slots are usable RFg and FFg and incredibly low top slots so that it is basically outgrown as soon as you turn it FFg. Waste of money.

Graco Nautilus. Both my girls had horrible head slump in this seat and said it was uncomfortable. Much preferred the Frontier

Sunshinekids Radian. Incompatible with my former 05 Ody (harness stuck). Waste of money for intended use. Poor CS.

Well, I loved my little comfortsport in pistachio fabric. I also had a pink one and hated it. The green one, however, I liked a lot and used here and there until it expired a little over a year ago. It was short lived, but it was fine when I had a kid that fit in it.

Kobain's Mommy

AIO- Most miss use I've ever seen in a seat! SOOOO glad it's going away.

I can't think of the name of the seat, but the one that made the Turtle, Dora, SpongeBob, etc. It was freaky as h**l, plus outgrown quickly.

The Evenflo bucket that you could only use with a base. Total PITA to install the base. I will admit my cousin rigged one in my car once when I needed to take her baby in an emergency. She couldn't get the base out of her car. I drove as safe as I could home and switched him to my seat I had for my dolls at the time, before going and doing what I needed to get done.

I HATED my Myride65. It was huge, a PITA to get DS into, took up a lot of room in my Neon. I had it for about a year before selling it.

meljc

TFP - why use lock-offs WITH latch? Total pain to install, harness adjustment was difficult, super heavy and wide.

onSide Air - Scenara in sheep's clothing. Too many noodles/towels for my taste and the cover constantly popped off.

brooksfamily

I hate our Costco Apt. I think because I've logged so many hours installing it in a small vehicle. It fits my daughter well and once it's in, it's good...but the rf install...I have nightmares about it. And it takes up soo much space.

I also don't love our Diono. I wanted to love it, because so many people love them. We have an Olympia and I found it difficult to install, and the harmess really difficult to tighten when rf. This was before I learned pulling the straps from behind. I've installed in both a Jeep Liberty and a Dodge Caravan and both times it just took so much more effort to get it tight than out other seats...although not the Apt...it's easier to put in than that.

VoodooChile

The Evenflo Titan (original one). That thing was tiny. Dd, who is not a big kid at all, was dead-even with the top harness slots at 16 months, no joke. Worst investment ever!
I'm also not in love with our Cruiserfix Pro. I think it's mostly not totally compatible with the spot in our vehicle where I need it to go, but also the cover on the leg slidey-thing will not stay on. Its days are numbered.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The Evenflo Titan (original one). That thing was tiny. Dd, who is not a big kid at all, was dead-even with the top harness slots at 16 months, no joke. Worst investment ever!

It's baaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaack. I don't understand why, the Tribute is such a nice cheap seat, why even bother with the Titan? But Evenflo is relaunching it as a program seat. Hopefully nowhere else to lure people into thinking it's a seat that might last till age 5+ :p

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
I am a very expired tech but we always kind of groaned when we saw a Primo Viaggio come into the fitting station. That base was AWFUL.

And then the KeyFit became the new *it* seat and all was right with the world.

Mysweethoneybee

I hated the 2008 version of the Evenflo Titan. My son wasn't even close to the weight limit and he outgrew the harness. He was a very tall kid, but I put him in it at 1 year and he outgrew it by 17 months. It was a complete waste of money.
Baby Trend car seats always seem to have not enough harness for their weight limits.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC