2015 Odyssey seating arrangement

98hokie

Hi. I am looking for advice from Odyssey owners. We are thinking of trading in our 2006 Sienna for an Odyssey. There is actually nothing wrong with the Sienna, but I like the improved safety features on the 2015 Odyssey and would love the convenience of power liftgate, etc.

Our Sienna is 7 passengers. If we get the Ody, I'd like the option to seat my kids (10, 7, and infant) on the second row. In the Sienna, it is hard for the 7-year-old to participate in conversations from the 3rd row.

So, what would be the best way to seat them all on the second row?

*10-year-old uses backless booster in some cars, depending on seat depth
*7-year-old has HB Graco turbobooster with Safe Surround
*Baby is in a Chicco Keyfit 30. I have already bought him a Britax Advocate Clicktight, but we haven't used it yet.

I was thinking it might be best for the baby to be in the center, but I prefer him next to one of the doors for ease of getting him in and out of the car. Should I put the 10-year-old in the center?

Thanks!

ADS

lgenne

Compatibility with that center seat is going to be the only technical challenge. The KF30 works great there; the CT convertibles have unapproved side overhang (unless maybe you don't put the captain's chairs in wide mode, in which case you lose access to the 3rd row entirely, and I'm still not sure if they work there.)

I would put whoever works best there in the center. If the 10 year old 5 steps and isn't bothered by the shoulder belt position, do that. If the TB works better, go with it.

bnsnyde

Basically any seats fit 3 across in our 2011 Odyssey.
I have 3 in a row in the second row and 3 in a row in the 3rd row, too (3rd row being super narrow and difficult though).

The middle of the second row I have an Advocate RF (but it's from 2011 and fits great). I always want the baby outboard so I can get him in easily. So new baby will go behind driver in infant seat. Toddler in Advocate.

In that middle seat, I found the Kiddyworld Booster fits, and it's awesome! Rigid latch. My daughter started using it at age 5. I am so happy with it I am saving it for my daughter who is not even 2 yet. It will still not be expired when she uses it between ages 5 and 7. Then is expires and we might go backless. I do like being able to see out the back.

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
I have a 2015 Odyssey with a no-back Turbo, Britax Pioneer, and a Britax B-Safe. I can fit all 3 across easily with the B-Safe or the Turbo in the center of the second row. Haven't tried the Pioneer in the center. Having the infant seat in the center made it too difficult to get it in and out, but we did it for a while.

Right now we have the center seat removed with the Pioneer outboard in the 3rd row and the B-Safe and Turbo in the outboard 2nd row seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC