seat recommendation for a baby that needs extra head protection

lourdes

I have a friend who has a baby that suffer a head injury, he needs a seat that protects his head, so the head can't move when baby is in the car, can't vibrate, things like that

ADS

CMeMeC

I have a friend who has a baby that suffer a head injury, he needs a seat that protects his head, so the head can't move when baby is in the car, can't vibrate, things like that

I think some more information would be very helpful...
How old is the baby and how big is he? Are they looking for a convertible seat or bucket? What type of vehicle do they drive? Budget?

Dillipop

The old Britax Companion would have been perfect to keep the head steady but it was discontinued awhile ago and any hanging around will either be expired or soon to be expired, I think.

I think the best bet would be to place the child in a nicely padded infant seat and use rolled receiving blankets to stabilize the head as much as possible. And only go in the car when absolutely necessary.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I can't think of any car seat that will prevent vibrations. The entire vehicle vibrates. The Britax Companion with the inflatable head insert would probably offer the most support in general, but if he can't tolerate vibrations he sounds to medically fragile to tolerate any car seat.

lourdes

Mom say she has him in a Graco infant seat, has the bananas on the side, something like a receiving blanket around the body, and something under the head

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Any seat with a built in headrest, like the Asana or Britax Elite or Graco Snugride 40 would probably do it, but since really it still won't do much more than Elephant ears are doing now, and those cost a lot less, I'd probably go with that.

Kobain's Mommy

53f94a84-0945-4958-8750-0cbeeab7893f_zpsbpe37pwr.jpg

This is in a SnugRide32.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
53f94a84-0945-4958-8750-0cbeeab7893f_zpsbpe37pwr.jpg

This is in a SnugRide32.

That chin to chest positioning would make me very nervous. I can't tell if it's caused by the torc or the elephant ears or just the general positioning of the baby in the seat from that pic, but since head injuries can result in oxygenation level issues of their own, I would be especially careful of the airway the OP is referring to.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Good pictures! It probably helps that the newer Gracos come with the crotch strap in the preemie/small newborn position to keep even no-neck kids looking like they aren't slumping as much.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC