Sores on back from FR90

kidnurse

When we first go my son's FR90 I would notice pink areas on his spine after having been in the car. Over time he adjusted and it hasn't been much of an issue. Until we went away for a weekend, 6 hrs away each direction. So 12+ hrs in the seat over 3 days, now he has two red scanned over areas on his spine.

Anyone else had this problem or know of a way to fix it?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

Dillipop

We have the frontier 90 and dd used it on a 13 hour trip each way, so 26 hours total- 13 hours on day 1 and 13 hours on day 7. No marks on her. Though by hour 8 on the second half of the trip, she said her bum was bothering her- though i don't blame her, as mine was getting uncomfortable too!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Is it possible you are overtightening the harness? Did you change the recline to see if that helps?

kidnurse

Completely possible, I will check both of those things. Thanks!

Kobain's Mommy

Both my kids have a 90 in my SUV. Never noticed that on either of them and we drive 4-5 hours one way (total 8-10 hours) once a month to go where DH has guard drill.

rosey2007

I was also thinking that if possible is taking a break from the car seat every couple of hours. Pull over at a rest stop or something. The child is not able to adjust themselves in the car seat which might cause skin break down.

tiggercat

Sam has had some minor red marks on the skin over his spine after long rides. Not just in the Frontier, though, I noticed it with the Diono as well. It has never bothered him.

Spam

ds2 has had them from the fr90, minor though. His biggest problem with the fr90 is that his legs fall asleep. He wakes up crying that his legs hurt, I think the seat depth is too much for him. Ds1 had the leg problem in the fr85 but not the fr90.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC