Another Caravan/T&C 3rd row booster question...

aeormsby

Planning ahead to when the kids & I visit my parents this summer. I'll be renting a car but if we end up doing any longer drives it will probably be in their van. So kids will be 9.5yo & 7.5yo, we usually travel with a Bubblebum & Literider (could do 2 literiders but I'd rather not). If we all go in the van we'll need one person in the 3rd row. I know the boosters have issues in the outboard seats, but what about the center? Would putting myself & one kid in the captains chairs and one of them in the center 3rd row work OK? Not sure what year it is, I think 2004-2005, it has the stow & go if that makes a difference.

TIA :)

ADS

aept

Planning ahead to when the kids & I visit my parents this summer. I'll be renting a car but if we end up doing any longer drives it will probably be in their van. So kids will be 9.5yo & 7.5yo, we usually travel with a Bubblebum & Literider (could do 2 literiders but I'd rather not). If we all go in the van we'll need one person in the 3rd row. I know the boosters have issues in the outboard seats, but what about the center? Would putting myself & one kid in the captains chairs and one of them in the center 3rd row work OK? Not sure what year it is, I think 2004-2005, it has the stow & go if that makes a difference. TIA :)
As long as the center has the shoulder belt that comes down from the ceiling, and a headrest, that's usually not a bad spot. I've put my 8 year old in a bubblebum center with adults on each side of him in the third row. We have a 2010 caravan. I can't remember if we used the Literider there but it should also be fine.

Kobain's Mommy

Anything 2005 and newer should have head rests in center. I had a 05. It was lapbelt center, but did have a head rest.

aeormsby

I didn't even think about it only having a lap belt in the center, I bet it does. I think it does have a headrest which is why I didn't even think about the lap belt (seems so much more common to have a l/s belt without the headrest).

So, I guess we'll just have to wait and see, who knows if it will even be an issue (all of us going somewhere together that's far enough to only want one vehicle).

aept

You might just need to sit back in the third row yourself (outboard) if there is no shoulder belt in the center. I am big enough to have the shoulder belt touching me. I'm 5'6" and I was 150 lbs when not pregnant ;)

aeormsby

You might just need to sit back in the third row yourself (outboard) if there is no shoulder belt in the center. I am big enough to have the shoulder belt touching me. I'm 5'6" and I was 150 lbs when not pregnant ;)

I know I've sat back there before and I don't think it was a problem, I'm 5'9". I was just hoping I wouldn't have to try to explain to my parents why the kids couldn't sit back there because the seatbelts are stupid :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC