Latch past 65 lbs?

Hazelandlucy

Clek and my car say I can latch my 2013 Foonf until 40 lbs. I have major lockoff problems with the seat belt. Would you do it or worry about exceeding the 65 lb limit some cars/carseats (and the Foonf in 2014/2015) have?

The RF limit is 27 lbs according the 2015 latch limit list posted here. My DD1 is around 34 lbs. She probably will be 36 lbs or so by the time I turn her.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I think the RF limit is actually 25 on the newer ones. I think 27 is probably the actual child-weight that, when added to the weight of the seat, equals 65 lbs, but Clek probably rounded down since 25 is a "normal" number and 27 is a "weird" one. I could be wrong about that, though.

I'm not comfortable LATCHing past 65 pounds total in any vehicle (maybe a couple pounds, assuming it was allowed, but not much). If it were me, I'd find a way to make the lockoffs work or I'd get another seat.

But that's me. You wouldn't be violating the car or seat's instructions by continuing to LATCH. As I said in a couple other threads, though, in federal testing, there were some lower anchors that failed at 72 (73? Something like that) lbs. Not all--not most--but there were instances.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC