GAAAHHHHH.... I HATE my mom's car!!!

Kobain's Mommy

My mom has a 03 PT Looser (Cruiser). I hate the car with a passion. It's the biggest PITA to install seats in. I need to get 2 seats installed in the thing with room for an adult to sit in the back, asking a lot I know. So looking for puzzling on driver's door and middle. Leaving passenger's side open. Both kids are FFing. DD is 34-35lbs and DS is 45lbs. Not sure on heights. I do know DS is one click down on his Nauti in my dad's truck. Also one of the seats will need to move into my dad's truck 03 Ram crew cab(with the weird middle seat) The seats I have...
RA 50
Radian 80SL
CA65
CA70
CA65LX

I'm leaning towards the RA50 for DD center with the 80SL outboard for DS but worried about side impact. Move the RA to dad's truck when needed. I know it would be easier to play around myself, but parents are 5 hours away. We will spend some quite a bit of time there this summer I feel and my dad wants only 2 seats for their cars, but I want the Nauti there and know it won't puzzle in my mom's car.

ADS

Dillipop

The roundabout and radian tend to puzzle really well together when facing the same way, since the radian kinda slides under the lip of the RA. If the car has big side bolsters, it may work better to have the RA outboard and radian center because the RA sides sit over the bolsters really well to and can make the seats able to install further towards the door.

Kobain's Mommy

I'm just worried about the side impact with the 80sl. Only thing on the side of the door is the handle to pull it shut, which is high. I had two CAs in there last year.

Dillipop

Having a properly installed harnessed car seat that fits your child provides good side impact protection. Make sure the seat is installed right and the top tether is attached and it should be fine.

mom of six

I'd opt for RA outboard and 80SL in the center as I think the slim design of the Radian would make it easier for an adult to sit next to. More shoulder space etc.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
They'll puzzle, but probably not as well as the Radian. Can you take all three to try it out? If you prefer the CA and it fits, then go with that - otherwise use the Radian. I also agree that I would put the RA50 outboard and the Radian in the center, then there are no issues with side impact and the Radian since it's in the center seating position.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC