Mazda5 or Odyssey

SignCuer

I'm a mama to a 16 month old toddler and plan to TTC #2 in June/July/August. My DD will be 2.5 by the time the new baby arrives. I plan on getting a BReady stroller with the double seat. I was wondering if it will fit in the Mazda5. I was planning to get the 2016 Honda Pilot but I don't need that many seats. I hate minivans. :D:eek:

I love the Mazda5 but it definitely has a narrow trunk space but I'm only gonna have 2-3 kids so it's an non issue.

What would you do?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, when my second kid was a few months old, we went car shopping. We were leaning toward an Odyssey or Sienna, but I wanted to check out the 5. The sales guy at the Mazda dealership asked if it was going to be our everyday car. I said yes, and he said, "This isn't what you want. Go buy an Odyssey."

So we did. When I look at the 5 now, it seems so small. If you like cars and want a sedan-type feel that can fit a couple kids, it's probably fine. If you want room and lots of ability to change things around, go with a van.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
For 2 kids for the foreseeable future, I'd say a midsize sedan like a Subaru Legacy would be no more expensive and be safer, too.

tesslouise

I can't answer your stroller question, sorry.

We bought our Mazda5 new in 2010 and it has been trouble-free. Now, with my in-laws living with us AND expecting baby #3, we may be looking at a minivan in the next year or two. But I'm not sorry I've been driving a smaller car this whole time. I really like my 5, and I drive it all the time.

bnsnyde

I'd go with a midsize car for sure.
Easy to drive, good visibility, and for just 2 kids, well, plenty of room!
We only got a van because we were having #4.
The midsize car was awesome for 3 kids. We had a Malibu.

I could never handle a heavy stroller. Gave up on those! I basically did a double umbrella (a funny fit for the new baby for sure...by at 3 months it was doable). I think ours was rated 3 months and up actually.
I have a Joovy Sit and Stand that fits the baby carseat, but the 2 YO would never sit and just broke the seatbelt on it! So much for that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC