Jammed Click Tight. Seat wouldn't open

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I went to show a dad how TOTALLY SIMPLE the Click Tight Marathon was today, and the mechanism was half turned, and it wouldn't go up or down. Just totally jammed up. I managed to somehow turn the click tight circle-thing a little more one way and get the CT to open one time, then clicked it shut again and then it was jammed shut for good.
It all kind of looked 'off' for lack of a better term, like the plastic surrounding the click tight circle-thing had been shoved or jammed some way. Loosening and tightening the harness had no effect (of course, but I was at a loss for what else to try!). Nothing really to photograph, even if I had my phone on me. I took it to the guy who takes care of returning damaged goods and I think he sent it back today.
Anyway, just something to keep an eye out for, but I hope it was just the fault of being a floor model (what did they DO to it?!?!?! Crazy!)

ADS

Baylor

So this is a seat that only techs have used?? That is what I am getting. So it has not been abused or treated badly..
Hmm.. that is concerning isn't it?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, heaven only knows what happens to floor models when I'm not there. Well, I DO know...people rethread harnesses wrong on the Nautilus and route the LATCH in weird ways on Symphonies, and crack EPS foam on boosters and boulevard headwings, nothing ever becomes totally unusable :(.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I have definitely seen other instances of CT getting stuck. I mean, not personally, but people posting about it. I'm not sure what the solution is.

Of course, it's always important to make sure the seatbelt is unbuckled or LATCH strap is loosened before opening the CT to uninstall. (I know you know that, just putting it here for others who might not.) but beyond that I don't know.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I was like, hey, this happens in cars, and you are supposed to unbuckle the belt! Oh...uh...no belt on the display shelf to unbuckle... derrrrr...now what?

So I took it to the storeroom to mess with it lest I say or do something I would not want a customer to see, hehe.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Yeah, usually unbuckling and then pushing down a bit on the ClickTight panel makes it so that it will release if there was too much tension. Of course that doesn't apply to your shelf model, but that does seem to help in a lot of cases.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If he hasn't sent it back by tomorrow morning, I'll try and see if pushing down on the plate does the trick, good idea! It really seemed like somebody had torqued something out of position somehow, so I think this one is an abuse victim.

bnsnyde

I was scared taking our Frontier90 out. I just wanted it gone. Luckily it opened!

I just don't like Click Tight. Our seatbelt is mangled (I guess it'll live). I worry about it getting stuck (maybe over-thinking it). But...I prefer an actual belt I can undo.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I borrowed one from another tech for a class in January. It was brand new and came out of the box jammed. Exchanged it, and the second time it was opened, the hip end of the harness folded over as it was being closed and jammed the panel. It's just so easy to mess up, and I really hesitate to recommend it to parents as a go to solution for frequent installs.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, I wonder if it's the hip strap? Pull harness tight before trying to open or close the panel?

I tried mucking with it briefly today, pushing the panel/plate down didn't do anything to release it, in this particular seat, I was hoping that would do the trick, but oh well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC