Chicco KidFit

texasgirl5283

I found a few posts on the Chicco KidFit but have a few other questions.

My child is almost 5 year old and is about 45inches (96%) and just over 40lbs.

1) Would this be a booster that would fit her well and keep her in the high back booster for a long time?

2) She has always been in the high 90% for height (mom is 5'9" and dad is 6'8") so I'm worried about it being tall enough. Can anyone with experience tell me how tall/age their child is and do they still fit with the back portion on?

Thank you.

ADS

Cnidaria

It has more to do with torso height than overall height. Measuring her torso height (have her sit against a wall, measure floor to shoulder) will allow a better guesstimate on how long she might be able to fit the high back.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's a little taller than lower-priced options like the Turbo/Affix or Evenflo boosters, but not as tall as some taller boosters like the Parkway. I'd still expect it to last hopefully till at least 7, likely to at least 8 in highback mode (just based on reading thousands of posts over the last 14 years and seeing how long kids last in seats of various heights, nothing too scientific).
Most kids do not need to be in a highback older than that, unless you have a car with no head restraints (some highbacks are sturdy enough to help prevent whiplash injury) or she's a serious car-sleeper and needs a highback to stay upright, and the Kid Fit in backless mode is very padded and deep for taller kids, making it still a nice long-term choice.
What seat is she outgrowing right now? That also is a good indicator of how long her torso is.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC