Question Hyundai Tucson - UK

U

Unregistered

Hi

UK user so hope you can still offer advice. We have a 2006 Hyundai Tucson and have been informed that we can only use the Maxi Cosi Tobi FF seat for what we want due to the seatbelt stalks. Is this true? My car manual says that the car have isofix (not sure what this means) we didn't know if there was away of shortening the seat belt stalks? The Maxi Cosi Tobis are approx £130-£200 retail in UK. This there any others you are aware of that will fit our family car?

Many thanks

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
It's probably an ad or banner ad of some sort showing up since you're unregistered (registered supporting car-seat.org members and Admin/moderators don't have the ads visible typically when logged in here) rather than replies to your post because thus far there haven't been any replies from car-seat.org members with suggestions for your vehicle. :eek: Hopefully someone familiar with UK/EU carseat options and your vehicle will be along to reply to your post directly, and I've moved your thread to our international section to encourage them. :)

Adventuredad

It would be helpful to know how old, tall and heavy your child is? Also if you are looking for a rear or forward facing seat? Is your seat belt stalk made out of webbing?

There are for sure many seats which will fit in your car but more info is needed.

Dillipop

In the US and Canada, at least, you can twist the female portion of the belt up to 3 full twists in order to shorten the stalk without compromising safety. In my 05 Hyundai elantra (US specs) this is what I had to do to get a successful install. I don't know what UK seats would work for you but a variety of US seats worked, so I can't imagine that you'd only have 1 UK choice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC