10.5 yr. old DS requesting to return to HBB!!

sunflower

He wants the cushioning in the back! I gave his AMP to my sister for her daughter a few months ago, so will need to buy. He is petite - At the borderline of pants 7, needs to go to size 8 now, and shirts are size 7.

My 8 year old might want as well, but I told him, he needs to commit to 6 months minimum, for me to spend the money. He will probably not go for it. He needs to feel big!

I didn't think my oldest would request this. He wants somewhere comfortable for his head. He wants it until he outgrows needing a booster, and I will need 3 across.

Is this comfortable or not? Basic Harmony Dreamtime. It doesn't seem to have too much padding, but the price can't be missed. They don't have it locally, so need to order it online. http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/dreamtime-deluxe-comfort-booster-seat-purple/1255145919346

Last edited:
ADS

Athena

I see in your siggy you have a Parkway SGL. Is anyone using that? Is he short enough to still fit in that back? It fits my ~51" kid great, but not my 57" kid. How tall is he? Did he still fit in the amp back? I think it's fairly short, so if he did, you have options. I have an older/bigger kid who prefers HBBs, so I thought I might be able to help, but I'm realizing that without knowing in what seats he fits, it's hard to know what to suggest.

sunflower

My 7 year old is using the Parkway now. My son measures: 17.5" torso, and is thin. Overall height: 52".

sunflower

What other lower profile HBB exists? My DH thinks my kids will be considered babies by their friends etc., due to their being the only ones in booster seats in their class. (Grade 3 and 4.)

Is there some sort of head rest only for my older child to attach somewhere, or does it need to be a full booster?

Thanks again.

Athena

What other lower profile HBB exists? My DH thinks my kids will be considered babies by their friends etc., due to their being the only ones in booster seats in their class. (Grade 3 and 4.)

Another Parkway? Looks like you have other kids to hand down to. I'm reluctant to suggest a shorter booster for a 10yo, but if his torso is really that short, then maybe a turbo or amp for something with a smaller back that's less intrusive, but that means they also have less support.

FYI: My 3rd grader rides in a HBB, her choice.

sunflower

DS asked me this morning if the seat is on the way! I spent some time last night looking for boosters on sale, but I disappointed him by replying that it wasn't ordered yet.

Recaro is not available in Canada.
I have a Dreamtime: my 7 yo (6x shirts) fits with the headrest on the highest setting. My 10 yo (small shirt = 8-10 yo shirts) doesn't fit. However, the low back is fabulous for my 10 yo. It is so deep that it supports better his legs than his harmony youth juvenile booster. There is a new model for the dreamtime: maybe the back is different. I know that the depth is less important and now similar to the youth juvenile bosster.
Your only option for a 3 accross would be a Parkway. Maybe the dreamtime for your younger boosters riders?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC