My son hates his Foonf!

melissa621

Okay so I broke down and purchased a Foonf for my son, thinking that it would be so much more comfy for him to RF in. Well...we've used it for about 3 weeks and I SWEAR its like wrestling a rabid monkey into the seat. I thought maybe it was just a phase (he just turned 2 and freaks out about EVERYTHING), but I put his RA 50 in the car, thinking that might be it and he didn't even remotely flip out or anything. He is very delayed in speech, so he can't really tell me whats wrong. I think he may have some sensory issues relating to certain fabrics, so IDK if maybe the fabric bothers him. I checked the seat for anything that might be poking him, but theres nothing. What gives? I'm kinda ticked since I paid so much for this seat, and I've been using it for 3 weeks so I think its too late to return. We bought it from Amazon, so idk what their return policy on car seats is. I also don't know if I feel okay sending it back if they have to trash it considering its my son who hates the seat

IDK if I should hold onto it until he turns FF (which will probably be in a year or so) and maybe he will like it for FF? This seat is way too heavy to ship, so I think selling it might be out of the question.

ADS

MotoMommaNH

Ugh that stinks! I'd put it away and then try again in a month or so, see if he feels different about it. Maybe point out to him how high up he is in his big boy seat and can see put all the windows etc. Really hype it up!
If hes still not thrilled, I'd definitely keep it for a FF seat and a backup if you can.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

cookie123

That's disappointing for sure. I think I'd do the same. Try again in a month or so. You could try to sell it locally but it would likely be hard to sell an expensive seat without losing money.

Last edited:

melissa621

Hmm well I contacted Amazon to explain the situation and asked if I could do any exchanges for a different seat, and they immediately offered a full refund on the seat. I feel kinda weird about returning a seat because my son hates it you know....I'd hate for such a nice seat to get trashed when it wasn't their fault.

jwilliams

I would take them up on that offer and try to find a seat with a softer cover. Love my Fllo in thunder, but I can see how sitting on what feels like a cross between a plastic tablecloth and waterproof canvas could be irritating for someone with sensory issues!

melissa621

I would take them up on that offer and try to find a seat with a softer cover. Love my Fllo in thunder, but I can see how sitting on what feels like a cross between a plastic tablecloth and waterproof canvas could be irritating for someone with sensory issues!

Yea, I think I'm probably just going to return it. We're in Miami, so hes almost always in shorts and sleeveless shirts and has direct contact with the fabric. I thought about it and I can't even bare to sit on our microfiber couch without putting a sheet over it because it bothers me so much. I'm pretty positive thats what it is. Too bad because I love this seat.

jwilliams

Lol, I was wondering how much of his skin was even touching the seat! But my northeast is showing ;) I'm sorry the seat didn't work out. I don't remember if he's tall or not, but if not I would check out the Peg seat. It's supposed to be really nice fabric and good for hot climates.

bnsnyde

Amazon takes mostly anything back, carseats included. They had a 365 day window! I think that might have changed to a bit shorter, not sure.

If the seat isn't working out, I'd certainly return it.

All my kids at age 2 were impossible to get into their seats! We've also had speech delays on top of that.

I hope you find one that works for you!

1mommy

You could also look into the Maxi Cosi Pria, it supposed to have a super soft and plush cover.

melissa621

I'm honestly just starting to thing about picking up a myride at this point. It seems comfy enough and has decent leg room. I'm probably going to be turning him FF in a 1-1.5 years so I don't want to spend too much money, as we're prob going to pick up a Frontier at that point. Are these still decent seats?

melissa621

Ohh I might get a Pria...they felt awesome when I checked them out at babies r us earlier. I totally forgot about this. I need to check out the Peg too. I think only our buybuybaby has them in store here,

melissa621

I ordered the Pria 70! We tried it out in the store and it was so soft and comfy. I'm hoping that I don't have the strap tightening issues that I keep reading about though...it seems nice though. I can't wait till it gets here!

Last edited:

aept

I ordered the Pria 70! We tried it out in the store and it was so soft and comfy. I'm hoping that I don't have the strap tightening issues that I keep reading about though...it seems nice though. I can't wait till it gets here!

What color did you order? There are some nice choices! The black one he's trying out looks sharp, too. I am considering ordering the Pria with tinyfit for my soon-to-be-newborn. I wish it came in all of the color choices with the tinyfit option, but alas, it doesn't.

melissa621

What color did you order? There are some nice choices! The black one he's trying out looks sharp, too. I am considering ordering the Pria with tinyfit for my soon-to-be-newborn. I wish it came in all of the color choices with the tinyfit option, but alas, it doesn't.

I got the dress blue. I think its last years model? It was $50 cheaper than the newer model plus it came with a $20 amazon gift card! I wish they had more fun boy covers. I think that the pink one they sell is so adorable. I don't think my son would go for it though lol

LC2003

Hmm well I contacted Amazon to explain the situation and asked if I could do any exchanges for a different seat, and they immediately offered a full refund on the seat. I feel kinda weird about returning a seat because my son hates it you know....I'd hate for such a nice seat to get trashed when it wasn't their fault.

Don't feel bad - they will re sell it at a discount as an open box item and the next buyer will be thrilled at the deal!

1mommy

I'm really digging the Bohemian Blue but keep hoping for the price to drop because I missed a sale back in October :( Not to mention I feel weird paying $50 more for a seat just because of the Color...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC