Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

ETA and 2003 VW Jetta

Hi,
    This weekend my sister will be taking care of my DS. Soon DS will need a new seat and we are probably going to buy an ETA. I was thinking we could go ahead and buy it, and install it in her car, a 2003 VW Jetta this weekend. That way we can leave our current seat installed in our car. (Her car is a stick shift and DH and I are not real familiar with that; otherwise we'd just swap cars.) So...I'm just wondering if anyone has found any compatibility problems with that seat in that type of car. Just thinking ahead so we don't have too much cursing as we try to install the seat on Friday! LOL! Thanks!
    Mom to DS, age 4 1/2 ... and a new little passenger, DD, born 1/28/08!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: ETA and 2003 VW Jetta

It's not usually a hard seat to install and I wouldn't forsee any problems in a Jetta. Most problems have to do with weird seat configurations or multiple car seats in one row.

You can always try it out at BRU before you buy as well. They should let you take the floor model out to your (or her) car.

9 yr old in a pink zebra NBB and 5-stepping
    6 yr DS1 old in a Harmony
    4 yr old DS2 in a Nautilus and Radian
    18 mo DS3 rfing in a MyRide65