Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Clicktight convertible on airplane

Has anyone installed a britax Clicktight convertible seat on an airplane? Looking for photos of the install (RF or FF welcome!) i'm trying to figure out how the seatbelt buckle doesn't interfere with the child's comfort in either situation... Thanks!
    CPST Mama in RI/Southern MA with a 5yr old princess in a Britax Pinnacle Clicktight, Newborn princess in a Nuna Pipa, and a full time job on the side

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Clicktight convertible on airplane

I just wanted to post an update (with photos) in case anyone else was searching the forum for this question. We traveled on 4 different delta flights with the clicktight. Some of the planes were the same "model" # and everything but seat belt lengths still varied.

On one flight the belt wouldn't fit FF without an extender. But I couldn't get one - The seat itself fit space-wise RF though, so that was good. On the 2nd flight there wasn't enough room to RF but the belt was super long and worked to FF without an extender- except the buckle was in the center of her back. She was not too happy.

Other people have said their belt buckles have been off to the side. Moral of the story: Apparently airplane seatbelt lengths vary!

(Sorry, i cant get images to embed for some reason. here are dropbox links)

rear facing

rear facing

forward facing (under cover)

forward facing (big bump under cover)

different flight, forward facing, you can see the buckle is slightly to the side.
    Last edited by SNAmama; 04-29-2015 at 05:19 PM. Reason: photos did not embed, attempting URLs instead.
    CPST Mama in RI/Southern MA with a 5yr old princess in a Britax Pinnacle Clicktight, Newborn princess in a Nuna Pipa, and a full time job on the side

4. Thank You from:

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

Re: Clicktight convertible on airplane

Thanks for the update!

CPS Technician
    We just flew Southwest, with my new Clicktight Boulevard for my 5 year old.
    I lifted the armrest on the plane seats, installed the seat with no problem, even reclined the Britax seat a smidge for snoozing. Worked great! We rode on 6 planes. Once I had to flip the buckle backwards for comfort, no biggie. Buckle ended up slightly to the side but he didn't complain. The padding on the seat cushioned it enough for him.

Bonus, I have the Britax rolling travel cart and the boulevard fit perfect rolling slowly down the aisle!!!
    That cart was a dream!

7. Thank You from: