Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Total Girl camis

What happened? Not cool to get rid of something of decent quality. JCP sold these and they are really nice, nice material, nice fit, didn't ride up and had a shelf inside. They stopped selling them

I have yet to find a cami to fit R with a shelf inside, they don't make them for girls. As with bathing suits, she's at that awkward size, still fits in girls xl (16) or just out grown them, and does not fit in juniors or womens. Not to mention the price difference.

Just need a couple nice, white, stretchy cami with a shelf.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Re: Total Girl camis

I'm surprised that she doesn't fit a women's XS or juniors 0 if she is a size 16 girls. When I worked in retail, most women would shop in the girls section if they couldn't find what they were looking for in an XS, since we didn't carry a lot of XS. They always walked out with a girls 14/16 and were really happy about saving a ton of money.

Have you tried kohl's? They used to have a really basic cami with a shelf and their xs looked tiny to me.

CCO 4/15

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillipop View Post
    I'm surprised that she doesn't fit a women's XS or juniors 0 if she is a size 16 girls. When I worked in retail, most women would shop in the girls section if they couldn't find what they were looking for in an XS, since we didn't carry a lot of XS. They always walked out with a girls 14/16 and were really happy about saving a ton of money.

Have you tried kohl's? They used to have a really basic cami with a shelf and their xs looked tiny to me.
    Totally this. I am a xs (5' 4" 100lbs) and I routinely buy girls xl 14/16. I have some really nice shelf bra camis from target in a women's xs. I got them on sale for $6 last year and they have held up very well. I seldom wear a regular bra since I am a 34 AA or AAA. I wear the shelf bra camis most of the time and I can wear either size.

Senior Community Member

Went to jcpenny and they switched Arizona but didn't have white. Juniors had some but real thin.

DD wears the Justice camis with built in, goes up to size 18 and good quality, she wears them forever, comes in lots of colors.
    Single Mom and SLP

Senior Community Member

I didn't realize justice has the built in shelf, but they are expensive. I got one, it is the teal one which happens to match the three shirts I needed the white for, also soaked the white she has in bleach and three came out good, but now I know I can go to justice if needed, thanks
    Last edited by HEVY; 03-16-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Senior Community Member

p.s. kids also has camis with built in shelf bras. Dd1 wears both the ps kids ones and the Justice ones.
    Former CPST and Mom to
    C-13 years old, B-11 years old
    A-8 years old riding in a Harmony Youth Booster or Graco TurboBooster

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Eva's been wearing Aero kids camis, and they have the built in shelf. The last ones I ordered were $4 each. Love their sales!
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

I was mistaken. Eva's currently wearing adult XS camis by Sonoma, which we picked up at Kohls. Before that, she was in the 14's from PS Kids. The Sonomas also have the built in shelf. One of the colors was on super sale for something insane like $2. The others were more normally priced.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!