Question Help with infant seats

OK I just found out im having twins sometime around October, so I have a little while to find seats but, considering I need 2 of everything since my youngest is 7 and oldest will be 16 soon, I am gonna need all the time I can get, lol so with that said, I need 2 infant seats (was hoping to go with just a convertible one but with twins yea nope) they will be in a 05 dodge caravan and a 03 ford explorer. I need something that will be good for smaller babies, HELP Please!!!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hey, what's your budget? The Chicco Keyfit is easy to use and fits twins well. The Safety 1st OnBoard Air or Deluxe are long lasting and good choices but larger. The regular OnBoard has a simpler base but is good otherwise. The Cybex Aton is a premium option that works well with the insert folded per instructions for small babies. The Graco SnugRide 30 and 35 are also good choices. And the Cosco/Safety 1st Comfy Carry Elite and Elite Plus are budget options. All of them will likely have no problems in your vehicles, which are pretty large...

If you do want a convertible, the Combi Coccoro and Maxi-Cosi Pria with TinyFit both fit tiny babies.

Hey, what's your budget? The Chicco Keyfit is easy to use and fits twins well. The Safety 1st OnBoard Air or Deluxe are long lasting and good choices but larger. The regular OnBoard has a simpler base but is good otherwise. The Cybex Aton is a premium option that works well with the insert folded per instructions for small babies. The Graco SnugRide 30 and 35 are also good choices. And the Cosco/Safety 1st Comfy Carry Elite and Elite Plus are budget options. All of them will likely have no problems in your vehicles, which are pretty large...

If you do want a convertible, the Combi Coccoro and Maxi-Cosi Pria with TinyFit both fit tiny babies.

Does anyone know anything about this seat?

ForumRunner_20150314_075046.png

U

Unregistered

My brother and SIL have this seat (Urbini Petal) with the Omni stroller. There little boy was born a couple weeks ago weighing 6.8lbs but left the hospital at 6 pounds. This seat holds him very nicely and it has a lot of great features for a $99 seat. The only downfalls I have seen so far are in the harness adjuster, when your are tightening it it kind of sticks towards the end, I think this is from the Velcro holding the excess slack together, hopefully this won't be a problem as he grows and is out of the newborn setting.
The other issue I have is with the base. The locking mechanism is on the base itself and if the green button things (sorry I don't know the proper term for these "buttons") are pushed down the seat will not lock onto the base. There is a large sticker with this warning right there in your face and it only takes a second to resolve the problem. I do worry about it though, I'm more experienced with car seats than my brother and SIL, and even I had issues securing it to the base (half of the time) when I helped them install it. You really need to be sure you are setting it on the base just right for it to lock completely, and always pull up afterwards to make sure it is secure.
Other than that, it's a great seat.

Amy

Cnidaria

Ketchupqueen, that listing says that the Coccoro has a minimum height of 19". Do you know if that's something new? It sure makes the 3 lb minimum a lot less useful.

Brianna

My friend just had her twins at 38 weeks, both about 7 pounds and 20". They were just over 6 pounds at discharge and needed the second harness slot on their OnBoard 35s. They are 7 weeks now and have moved up to the 3rd harness slots. One of the reasons she chose the OnBoards is they were much more budget friendly, very helpful when you need two of everything and they will be in convertibles in less than a year anyways!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC