Trying the Chicco booster-what do you think?

mlohry

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426194031.653817.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426194044.573212.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426194054.106708.jpg

Went to Target to check out the Chicco booster and they had an online return for $49! The Recaro didn't work out for us. Too big for DD to buckle and the lap belt for hung up and wouldn't tighten. What do you think about this fit? I'm pretty happy with it. I really like that the latch actually tightens unlike the Recaro's.

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The lapbelt looks good. he shoulderbelt is a bit far out on her shoulder though. Try raising the headrest.

mlohry

The lapbelt looks good. he shoulderbelt is a bit far out on her shoulder though. Try raising the headrest.

I agree that I think the headrest needs to go up a bit. She also shifted her body a bit when I took the pic, so she looks a little off.

DMS721

Is she able to buckle herself? We have the Recaro booster, and while I like it, it is impossible for my DS to buckle himself, and in my car I have a very hard time even reaching across to buckle him in.

mlohry

Is she able to buckle herself? We have the Recaro booster, and while I like it, it is impossible for my DS to buckle himself, and in my car I have a very hard time even reaching across to buckle him in.

DD could not buckle the Recaro at all on her own, but has no issues at all buckling the Chicco. We are very happy with it.

DMS721

DD could not buckle the Recaro at all on her own, but has no issues at all buckling the Chicco. We are very happy with it.

Thanks! I think we may give it a try. I'm so tired of fighting to get him buckled, and it doesn't help the Recaro moves around a bit which makes it harder to reach the buckle.

mlohry

Thanks! I think we may give it a try. I'm so tired of fighting to get him buckled, and it doesn't help the Recaro moves around a bit which makes it harder to reach the buckle.

I hated that the Recaro latched, but didn't tighten-how dumb. The Chicco tightens down hard which makes climbing in and out so much easier and the buckle doesn't slip under the seat either.

DMS721

We got the Chicco and I love it! My DS can buckle it himself without a problem, and he is really excited about that. It is so much easier to get in and out of and there is so much more room to access he buckles. I think I will also replace the Recaro that is in my husbands car. My only complaint is I wish it had more color choices.

mlohry

We got the Chicco and I love it! My DS can buckle it himself without a problem, and he is really excited about that. It is so much easier to get in and out of and there is so much more room to access he buckles. I think I will also replace the Recaro that is in my husbands car. My only complaint is I wish it had more color choices.

I completely agree-needs more color options. It's a fabulous booster option.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC