Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician CrunchyMaineMama's Avatar

Is it too good to be true??

I will be going to look at this next week (as long as it doesn't sell prior *fingers crossed*) I have wanted an 8 seater, under $20,000 and they have been hard to come by in this area without being older and high on mileage.

Any opinions? Things I should watch out for/ask?

http://www.charlieshonda.com/used/Ho...51a5579e81.htm

The link doesn't show it now that it's mine! 2010 Ody EX-L with 60,000 miles. Got them down to $18,495 on price!
    Last edited by CrunchyMaineMama; 03-21-2015 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Bought it!
    Rachel-CPST & Mom to 4 Now!
    J-7 Recaro Performance/Nauti, A-4.5 Frontier 85/Nauti, O-3.5 RFing Size4Me/RXT and M-3.5, RFing Size4Me/RXT

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member thepote's Avatar
    The KBB on those is $17-21k, so that sounds right. It's nice!

Re: Is it too good to be true??

I just bought an '08 EX-L (same body style as that one) and it's AMAZING I love it so much.

I was gonna say though, I had to drive two hours away to get mine, and when I talked to the internet sales manager he said I could put down a $500 deposit over the phone and then he would write up a bill of sale so no one else could buy it. Then if I changed my mind they would refund me. This was at an Acura dealership btw so I wasn't worried about any shady dealings going on. Anyways, we went down and picked it up today, and it was really in perfect condition so I'm glad I jumped on it quickly. He said there had been several other people interested in it so they had a waiting list LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Phineasmama View Post
    I just bought an '08 EX-L (same body style as that one) and it's AMAZING I love it so much. I was gonna say though, I had to drive two hours away to get mine, and when I talked to the internet sales manager he said I could put down a $500 deposit over the phone and then he would write up a bill of sale so no one else could buy it. Then if I changed my mind they would refund me. This was at an Acura dealership btw so I wasn't worried about any shady dealings going on. Anyways, we went down and picked it up today, and it was really in perfect condition so I'm glad I jumped on it quickly. He said there had been several other people interested in it so they had a waiting list LOL!
    I'm not surprised there was a waiting list. The hard part is usually finding one still available. They go quick.

OP, I hope you have geography on your side and the Ody market in the middle of Maine isn't as hot

Quote Originally Posted by thepote View Post
    I'm not surprised there was a waiting list. The hard part is usually finding one still available. They go quick.

OP, I hope you have geography on your side and the Ody market in the middle of Maine isn't as hot
    Yeah I literally called them like 15 minutes after they listed it LOL. I actually think the market is even hotter where I am in Madison, because the used ones around here are priced much higher and still there are hardly any available. I'm just lucky that Chicago is a fairly reasonable drive away.

Good luck OP, I hope you get it!

Now I'm getting anxious it will sell before I make it up there! EEK! It's about 45 minutes away. I can't get there until Wednesday on my day off. I've been exchanging emails with the internet sales person and he is keeping me posted on it.
    J-7 Recaro Performance/Nauti, A-4.5 Frontier 85/Nauti, O-3.5 RFing Size4Me/RXT and M-3.5, RFing Size4Me/RXT

I got it!! I'm already in love! It's amazing. Got an incredible deal.

Congrats!

C~9/06 Boostered in FR85 Livia & Maui C~2/09 Boostered in GN Daisy & Julia
    Driving in 2005 Toyota Camry & 1994 Honda Accord

Yay! Congrats!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Awesome!!

Senior Community Member jwilliams's Avatar

Congrats! I think I've kind of decided that if I won the lottery/increased my income, I'd buy that generation of Ody.
    5yo harnessed in a Britax Pioneer, one 3yo RF in a Fllo and another 3yo RF in a plum RXT, all in a 2014 Honda Accord.

Congrats on the new wheels!

Current seat set up. Will be changing when Js new Recaro booster gets here and might possibly move the Radian to the Prius and get something else for M.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Thank You from: