Will a Frontier be overkill?

MUTigers

DD1 turns 4 in about 3 weeks. The current plan is to turn her FFing in her RXT until fall when DD2 needs to move out of the keyfit.

We currently have the same set up on both cars. I was planning on passing the RXTs down to DD2 and getting DD1 a Frontier for each car.

Her stats this past weekend were 3y11m, 39lbs, 41.25 inches, 14.5" seated. She's slightly wigglier than average, and while that may improve with age, I'd like to plan as if she will remain wiggly. I think I'd like to keep her harnessed until she is 6 or so (is that reasonable?).

Our cars are: 2004 Saturn Ion 2-door with suicide doors, she will be on drivers side; 2008 Jeep Liberty, she will hopefully be center, maybe passenger. She will need to be right next to the RXT in the jeep and the seats in the saturn are very bucketed.

So, will a frontier be overkill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't think it's overkill, you have handmedownability and it is such a nice comfy seat with a deep crotch strap (for skirts!), wide leg support for criss cross applesauce, armrests that are high enough for arms to actually rest, and omg, so easy to install!
But... overkill for the cars? Maybe. Our FR seemed kind of bulky in even my dh's Escape, he preferred something less deep. It's possible the Evenflo Secure Kid is a terrific choice for the lower profile car situation, it also has a deep crotch strap, is easy enough to install (SUPER easy with the self retracting LATCH, if you have LATCH, but fine with a seatbelt), nice headwings.
Recaro Performance Sport is another slightly smaller choice that might be a good one, I don't have much experience with it, but it has devotees and the quality is divine :)

katymyers

I love the Frontier so, so much. It is very comfortable and my kids are all huge fans lol. My husband has an '09 Jeep Patriot which is smaller than the Liberty and it works very well in his car size wise. It does not work in the middle seat though, he has vinyl seats that along with the hump in the center seat just make it impossible for me to get it tight. I don't know how the Liberty's seats might be different but it's worth mentioning.

MUTigers

Sounds like I won't regret it but there may be other very good options.

The middle seat of the Liberty is flat, so that shouldn't be a problem. She could possibly go outboard passenger side, but I need to see if DH can comfortably drive with the RXT RFing in the center (he's crazy tall).

Should I even consider the Pioneer? I've heard it's tough to install.

I really need to get my hands on the frontier and try it in our cars. I live in a huge city and cottonbabies is the only place I can find it in a store. Too bad the people in there are always so rude...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC