Question Pick a different booster for DD

mlohry

DD just turned 6, is 41 lbs and I just bought her a Recaro booster. It was a great fit and came in purple! I posted pics on here and everyone agreed it fit well. Problem is it doesn't seem compatible with our seat belts or maybe it's just a Recaro issue. The lap belt hangs up and I cant get it to tighten. Shoulder belt is fine and tightens. She also is short and has short arms and she cannot even close buckle herself. Right now I put her in her brother's former backless Amp and the fit is great, but I would like a back because she is a car sleeper. Anyone have luck with an Amp with a back? What else do you suggest? The Britax did not fit well and the Graco with latch was ok, but not perfect. Thanks for the help!

ADS

Dillipop

What about the right fit, http://www.evenflo.com/Products/Evenflo/Car_Seats/RightFit/ looks like it has beefier head wings for sleeping.

The right fit is really short. I can't remember her screen name but I've met her in person- she's a cpst and has one for her daughter. She says the belts are always twisting in the guides and she showed me how far large the opening is between the arm rests and the seat and the lap belt likes to route itself behind the armrests, instead of in front if them- so you have to be careful. Tha space between the backless portion and the back seems super uncomfy too. Her 6 year old is 1 click from outgrowing it and she'll likely replace before then because she hates it so muchmuch.

Kegracin

The right fit is really short. I can't remember her screen name but I've met her in person- she's a cpst and has one for her daughter. She says the belts are always twisting in the guides and she showed me how far large the opening is between the arm rests and the seat and the lap belt likes to route itself behind the armrests, instead of in front if them- so you have to be careful. Tha space between the backless portion and the back seems super uncomfy too. Her 6 year old is 1 click from outgrowing it and she'll likely replace before then because she hates it so muchmuch.

I know it's short but the review I looked at else where made it look like the height was the same has the high back amp. It was just a thought....

mlohry

DD is just 6, but the size of a 4 year old for height and 41 lbs. I'm not concerned about her outgrowing anything ever!

The right fit got bad reviews. Thinking of trying the Amp with a back. I really like the Amp in general. I'll try to post a pic when I'm not mobile.

bnsnyde

I noticed that with our Recaros too. We have 3 of them. 2 in a Civic. One was in the Odyssey but is not currently.

It did seem...not so good when the lap belt did that! I had to really work to tighten it.

CMeMeC

DD just turned 6, is 41 lbs and I just bought her a Recaro booster. It was a great fit and came in purple! I posted pics on here and everyone agreed it fit well. Problem is it doesn't seem compatible with our seat belts or maybe it's just a Recaro issue. The lap belt hangs up and I cant get it to tighten. Shoulder belt is fine and tightens. She also is short and has short arms and she cannot even close buckle herself. Right now I put her in her brother's former backless Amp and the fit is great, but I would like a back because she is a car sleeper. Anyone have luck with an Amp with a back? What else do you suggest? The Britax did not fit well and the Graco with latch was ok, but not perfect. Thanks for the help!

We have an amp. It was a hbb, now being used without. Anyway, I've had problems with both my evenflo boosters where the back will not stay adjusted. I posted a long time ago about it and though it wasn't common, I was not alone. There's also not a lot to the back, so I feel like it's no better than without. It's flimsy and a slippery material, I can't imagine it helping a car sleeper. Obviously, I am not a fan. I like it much better as a nbb. I am, however, a big recaro fan.

Last edited:

nataliem257

I agree on the back for amp, it's basically useless. Maybe try the kidfit? That seems like the only usual suspect you haven't tried yet.

mlohry

We picked up the Chicco for $49 at Target as an online return and I love it. Works great with our van. No seat belt hang up issues. I do notice my seat belt doesn't retract as nice as I'd like and it's not the seat, I think it's from the FR90 and click tight it was installed with. I think I have read that can be an issue.

ETA I also like that the LATCH on the Chicco actually tightens, unlike the Recaro did. Then it doesn't slide all over when she's trying to buckle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC