Question Bucket car seats x 2 - Canada

U

Unregistered

Wondering if anyone has any ideas that differ from my own (getting a van) about getting two infant bucket seats to fit in a small vehicle for our twins. We own a Jeep Liberty and a Ford Focus. We have tried both buckets and convertible rear facing (granted the convertible was an Evenflo) but neither would be safe to drive for my husband - and questionable for myself as well. I had my heart set on the Britax b-safe, which Babies R Us said is one of the smallest they sell and even that bucket couldn't fit. While the driver seat in the Jeep remained at my leg position, the seat back was so upright that I was on top of the steering wheel and I am considerably shorter than my husband. It was similar in the Focus, though would be somewhat safer to drive, though still not possible for my husband. Are we missing something? Any smaller seats that could work? We are looking at convertibles at the same time as we'll have to deal with that soon enough anyways. I realize the Diono could be smaller, but it still leaves us with the bucket issue for now. Any suggestions are appreciated! TIA.

ADS

Alison's Mom

Hi there,

You may have already done this, but when trying seats in your car, make you sure you install them instead of just placing them on the seat - sometimes that makes a significant difference. For infant buckets, I would look at the Chicco Keyfit, which might be a smidge smaller than the B Safe.

For convertibles, this blog post might be useful, except many seats aren't available in Canada (I'm assuming you're in Canada): http://carseatblog.com/22818/the-ul...ertible-space-comparison-review-size-matters/

The Britax Click Tights would be one to try, although it has different acceptable recline levels based on the child's age/weight so keep that mind. The Boulevard and Advocate have higher harness height than the Marathon. Others to try would be the Dionos with Angle Adjuster (Angle Adjuster can only be used once child has complete head control and can sit up unassisted), Peg Convertible, EvenFlo Triumph, Graco MyRide, and Guide 65, again making sure you have it set for the right estimated age/weight when you are trying it.

nannykates

You could also try putting the seats center and passenger side to give more pace behind the driver. I agree that the chicco is worth a shot and I would also recommend trying the britax again in that configuration.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC