Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Used SUV, conversion or minivan for 6

Can anyone recommend a good option for a used SUV, conversion van, or minivan (in that order of preference)?

Riders- 6 total

2 adults
    1 3 yr old ff
    1 6 yr old in hbb
    2 7 yr olds in nbbs

I don't know budget but I can ask. I just know it would be used. Obviously they'll all grow up lol and eventually be 4 kids in boosters but that's where they are at the moment.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Used SUV, conversion or minivan for 6

I would not recommend most conversion vans to anyone. They are among the worst for rollover risk and generally lack key safety features, especially used models. 6 passengers with only 1 harnessed carseat should be easy to fit in most midsize/large suvs and minivans.

How about a Ford Flex? You get at least a little bit of cargo space in back that you don't get in most used midsize SUVs.

Good to know, thanks!

Ford flex/freestyle looks like a good option.

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by gsdguenter View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good option for a used SUV, conversion van, or minivan (in that order of preference)?

Riders- 6 total

2 adults
    1 3 yr old ff
    1 6 yr old in hbb
    2 7 yr olds in nbbs

I don't know budget but I can ask. I just know it would be used. Obviously they'll all grow up lol and eventually be 4 kids in boosters but that's where they are at the moment.
    I would think those would fit in most 3rd row vehicles comfortably. We have a GMC envoy xl, which has a 3rd row, and I regularly have 2 booster riders and a harnessed kid and often a rear facer, we fit no problem. Five in the back is doable, but a tight squeeze.
    C: 12/06, maui PW
    M: 02/08, carbon vivo
    C: 12/10, RF sporty blue TF