Lugging Radian through airport

mamabearof3

We are flying in the US with our Sunshine radian for my RF 19mo with her own seat. My husband wants to buy a luggage cart to pull it through the airport. What do we do with the cart when we get to the gate?

Thanks,
Mamabear to 4

ADS

thepote

Hi- you would fold it up and put it in the overhead bin. Keep in mind your radian may not fit RF in the plane.

Good plan on the luggage cart, though. My DH -still- complains about the time he carried the radian through the airport with the backpack straps : p

sirrahn

I don't know, I carried a Radian through DFW and from one end of Hartsfield-Jackson to the other once and didn't think it was bad at all. I had a padded shoulder strap I borrowed from a LLBean bag and carried it on my back. I just left the strap attached the whole time and it was easy on and off the plane. We'd done the luggage cart with a different seat before that, and it was a lot more hassle...especially getting through security and on and off the plane. Obviously ymmv, but thought I'd throw in my experience.

kathysr98

I've carried one through Atlanta several times and several other airports. We have used the backpack straps and have attached it to a rolling carry on bag. We put it on the bag by attaching the LATCH & tether clips to a large metal keyring.

mamabearof3

Thx everyone! We don't travel with strollers. I am bringing my angle adjuster, but plan on being ready to FF her on the plane.

Mamabear to 4

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Did your Radian come with the carry strap? I thought all the Sunshine Kids ones did (did Diono stop that? I can't remember - I have a whole bunch of them, lol)

SuprMe

We have a Diono Radian RXT which we took on a total of 4 fligths along with our Lilly Gold Zoomer Car Seat Stroller in November/December of last year. The Radian clips onto the zoomer very easily. As I was traveling alone with my 2 year old I wouldn't have been able to do it without the zoomer. It was great!

osurxbiker

The one time we flew with our Radians (two years ago) we used a collapsing luggage cart. My wife managed the two children (then 37 months and 17 months) and strapped one seat to the cart, and then attached the second seat inside the first. Then I attached our backpacks (full of toys/airplane entertainment...) to the car seat. The whole thing rolled right down the airplane isle to the back of the plane. The luggage cart collapsed and I put it on the floor under my wife's seat in front of me and I placed one of the backpacks on top of it so that it could not go anywhere. My daughter fit rear facing with an angle adjuster and my son was forward facing in the seat in front of her. I was surprised how easy it was. PS: if rear facing on the plane don't forget the seatbelt extension.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC