Confused- Odyssey & sienna 2d row?

Phineasmama

So, for Odyssey 2008-09-10 model years, I can slide the two captains chairs together to create a larger space to access the third row- correct?

And for the 7 passenger Sienna (talking 2006-07-08 maybe) The captains chairs are fixed in position? And are any of the seats stowable?

ADS

thepote

For the Ody, yes, it creates a path to the third row right at the passenger side sliding door. The captain's chair ends up off-center. Installing a car seat there with a seatbelt crosses that path, so that is a concern if you need that seat for a car seat or booster.

Phineasmama

Yeah I think we are trying to look for a 2008-2009 ish. I want to get something that's going to last a few years but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg either. I wish I could just go buy a brand new one but that's not gonna happen :p

Dillipop

If you could find an 04-10, 8 passenger sienna, you could take out one of the captains chairs and the middle seat is a fully functioning seat with latch, creating that aisle to get to the back. The captains chairs are very easy to tumble as well, imo.

Phineasmama

Hmm, I might have to look at the Siennas too. DH likes that they have AWD models. I tend to like the look and feel of Hondas better though so idk. I'm so stressed at the thought of going to test drive vehicles and being pressured by sales people :eek: Can I just buy one on Amazon and have it delivered in two days? :rolleyes:

Mel281

Hmm, I might have to look at the Siennas too. DH likes that they have AWD models. I tend to like the look and feel of Hondas better though so idk. I'm so stressed at the thought of going to test drive vehicles and being pressured by sales people :eek: Can I just buy one on Amazon and have it delivered in two days? :rolleyes:

I know this post is a little old, but did you decide on one? I am selling my 2006 Sienna (due to the fact that it needs some work and DH would rather get a new one), but I am sad about it. I love that van. The middle seats in the 7 passenger are removable/movable so that you can have the pass-thru aisle on either the side or the between the seats.
Comparing the Ody vs Sienna was a very painstaking thing, but I'll tell you how I decided on the Sienna (two years ago). Overall, the Sienna was quieter in the cabin, and had a more luxury feel whereas the Ody drove more sporty- you felt the road more in it, could hear the road, etc. If you really prefer a sports car type, go with the Ody. If you want to embrace your mini-van status and travel in comfort and quiet, go with the Sienna.
Just my two cents. People love both.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC