Question evenflo convertibles

TeenaMarie

Brother-in-law HATES the 4ever because "it doesn't make sense for seats to tighten from the top" so that leaves the evenflo convertibles with infanint slide, unless there's other seats that tighten from the hips?
He drives a scion tc (2006 I think, it's 2door)
What are they? Would any be small enough front to back to install in this car and still be able to use the front passenger seat? Are the sides all super tall like the sureride?
We had talked about a scenera next, but they used the scenera 40rf that's been in his truck for 6months on vacation last week and hated it.
Liv is 11months, 17 lbs wearing 6-9 onsies.

ADS

henrietta

Brother-in-law HATES the 4ever because "it doesn't make sense for seats to tighten from the top" so that leaves the evenflo convertibles with infanint slide, unless there's other seats that tighten from the hips?
He drives a scion tc (2006 I think, it's 2door)
What are they? Would any be small enough front to back to install in this car and still be able to use the front passenger seat? Are the sides all super tall like the sureride?
We had talked about a scenera next, but they used the scenera 40rf that's been in his truck for 6months on vacation last week and hated it.
Liv is 11months, 17 lbs wearing 6-9 onsies.

I don't know what to tell you except...does he realize that they have to tighten *from somewhere*? LOL I mean really...there's only 2 ways to go, and design and function-wise, it makes more sense for them to tighten from the top. How hard is it to pull the hips snug by hand (takes 2-3 seconds) and then pull the harness adjuster? He will never be happy with anything, really. ;)

The Evenflo Triumph looks really large, but actually fits nicely front to back in lots of cars. I would probably go for that. The sides are NOT as deep as the SureRide. We loved our Triumphs and used them in many, many different vehicles.

hths

TeenaMarie

I don't know what to tell you except...does he realize that they have to tighten *from somewhere*? LOL I mean really...there's only 2 ways to go, and design and function-wise, it makes more sense for them to tighten from the top. How hard is it to pull the hips snug by hand (takes 2-3 seconds) and then pull the harness adjuster? He will never be happy with anything, really. ;)

The Evenflo Triumph looks really large, but actually fits nicely front to back in lots of cars. I would probably go for that. The sides are NOT as deep as the SureRide. We loved our Triumphs and used them in many, many different vehicles.

hths
Oh I know, he hasn't used many seats to realize that it must makes sense to tighten from the top, since most seats do.
My sister was stuck on getting an evenflo for a while because the infant seat was evenflo and tightened from the bottom, but then she fell in love with the 4ever.

Does the triumph still have the annoying dial? (I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of the right seat.) I know they're not super long lasting rfing, but they'll last till 2 right? I don't think he'd keep her rfing in his car past 2. He says he doesn't want to spend $300 on a seat for his car since they only go places in it 2-3 times a month(my sister had been set on he HAD to have a diono)

lgenne

The Truimph sold 5 years ago got my large, long waisted child to 2. I assume it at least hasn't gotten worse since then.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
In my van, the Symphony takes up less room front to back than a Radian with angle adjuster. It also tightens from the hips, but no knobs.

Once she is ffing, maybe the on the harness adjusters of the GO would suit him.

nannykates

I'm just going to chime in that I hate the hip adjustments. I've seen harness damage from snacks/toys/hair ties getting dropped and pulled in, crap still gets dropped in other seats but kids don't shove cheerios above their shoulders so it doesn't get pulled through. Not that your family will agree with me but just sharing my 2 cents.

bnsnyde

We had an Evenflo Triumph Advance for first toddler.
I love, loved, loved that knob. It was all I knew. I found it really easy and DH did, too. We were first time parents and had no clue where to put the harness straps. But because of infinite glide, it was always at his shoulders. Perfect.
And the knob allowed us to get it really tight.

I totally did NOT realize how difficult other seats are. I've used tons since then and none were as easy for me.

But that seat went to 30 lbs. RF I think? Hardly any RF time especially as my kids are not light. I know the current ones have a higher limit.

TeenaMarie

The Truimph sold 5 years ago got my large, long waisted child to 2. I assume it at least hasn't gotten worse since then.

In my van, the Symphony takes up less room front to back than a Radian with angle adjuster. It also tightens from the hips, but no knobs.

Once she is ffing, maybe the on the harness adjusters of the GO would suit him.
So it would last till 2, which is good. He's not planning on keep any seat very long. The GO is the one like the hybrid go right? Doesn't it depend on the height of the seat and the tether location how tall the harness goes?

I'm just going to chime in that I hate the hip adjustments. I've seen harness damage from snacks/toys/hair ties getting dropped and pulled in, crap still gets dropped in other seats but kids don't shove cheerios above their shoulders so it doesn't get pulled through. Not that your family will agree with me but just sharing my 2 cents.
The harness of the seats been damaged? And you can't replace the harness, it would be a full seat replacement huh?

We had an Evenflo Triumph Advance for first toddler.
I love, loved, loved that knob. It was all I knew. I found it really easy and DH did, too. We were first time parents and had no clue where to put the harness straps. But because of infinite glide, it was always at his shoulders. Perfect.
And the knob allowed us to get it really tight.

I totally did NOT realize how difficult other seats are. I've used tons since then and none were as easy for me.

But that seat went to 30 lbs. RF I think? Hardly any RF time especially as my kids are not light. I know the current ones have a higher limit.

All I remember from my friends seat with the knob was the clicking that drove me crazy. I'm sure it was probably easier to adjust., but he also has an issue with over tightening the harness sometimes.

henrietta

The current Triumph rear faces to 40 lbs (the original that rear faced to only 30 lbs hasn't been around in over 5 years, if not 7 years-it was my 9.5 yr old's first convertible seat in 2005) ...no, the harness itself is NOT replaceable, however, we had two of them and my kids ate in them ALL THE TIME and the harnesses always worked fine. Eventually, our buckle got messed up, although it wasn't dirty and it didn't have anything in it. I called to order a replacement buckle, which I thought I could buy, and Evenflo told me the harness and it's parts were not replaceable and sold me a replacement seat for a great price. I really think the harness mechanism being damaged would be from kids dumping drinks down the seat or dropping stuff in and parents not tidying it up regularly and regularly removing and washing the cover and wiping the seat down.

My longer torsoed kiddo outgrew the Triumph Advance rear facing around 27 or 28 months (same time the buckle broke, too). I think it will get most kids to age 2 rear facing just fine.

As for the knobs, we loved them. Wish something like them were on every seat! They were awesome for me with arthritis and for my dad, who also really liked them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC