new seats. no budget. what would you buy?

CMeMeC

Just for fun...
If you were replacing your seats, what would you buy?
I would need 2 boosters and a combination seat, so probably 2 performance boosters and a performance sport in black, red, or royal blue.

ADS

bnsnyde

Honestly nothing.

I just rearranged everything and wouldn't even want anything brand new because I don't want to reinstall anything! :)
I can't think of anything I would change. Just maybe a 12 passenger van if I had the chance!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Probably exactly what I have: Radian and ProSport. Except I'd get the Radian in Plum. Lol

I've owned just about every seat I care to and am at the point where I just want the easiest thing for my day-to-day, even if they are several years old and not the prettiest, lol.

gigi

I just had to replace both seats due to an accident. I bought a Parkway and a Boulevard CT. Very very happy with both. My favorite booster is the Olli. LOVE it. However, my son needed the shoulder guide on the parkway in my husband's car.

There is nothing else I would buy instead... I am in the "ZOMG my kids are growing up and I can finally stop forking over tubs of cash for gear!!!" phase of parenting. However, now I am paying for martial arts, dance, and sports equipment, so I'm not sure I am coming out ahead LOL!

Aurezalia

Hmmm. I have 3 convertibles I'd have to replace... I'd replace the Sureride with a Britax Clicktight Boulevard, the TFP with... a Clek Fllo, maybe? And I'm honestly not sure about my TWE. If I went Swedish again, probably an Axkid Minikid. If I were to go domestic? Probably another of the former two, depending on which one I like more. Maybe one of the new Diono seats. I have no idea honestly. :eek:
Turbobooster would be replaced with... IDK... one of the nice highbacks. Maybe a Parkway or Probooster or something. I don't really have any strong booster opinions. ;)

lgenne

No budget? Then 1 or 2 of every seat I'd like to try. If I didn't like them, I'd give them away. A Foonf, a CT convertible, a Pro Sport, a Scenera NEXT (just because I want to try it!), a Graco clone, and then I'd have to work on my list of boosters.

griffinej5

I had a sure ride in my car that was crashed a few weeks back. I could have chosen whatever I wanted, and paid the cost of it minus the price of the sure ride. I picked a graco clone. I could have afforded most stuff, except maybe a foonf. Still picked the clone.

Cnidaria

I'd want one of every convertible, combo seat and booster. Get to know all of them, change them out periodically. Storage would be an issue, though! :-D

Lgenne, I'm totally tempted to buy a Scenera NEXT too, just to play with. Trade it out for my Guide 65. But we *really* don't need another seat.

geekKT

Innnnteresting.

Okay, I'll play. I currently have a TFP (used as my spare, currently in the Focus), an RXT (RF center of F150 because it's narrow and I have the 40 of the 40/60 split seat up so the dog can sit on the floor), and a Nautilus behind the driver.

I don't love the Nautilus, I might try a Frontier? I find the truck seats a bit upright and it's why I bought the Nauti. It seems to just fit better on the seat, I don't really like the RXT or TFP FF install in there.

RXT would probably just be replaced by another RXT, in plum. I like the narrowness, it's an easy enough RF install, it fits center of the F150 without issue next to the Nauti or the split seat, and it's low enough profile that I can heave 2 year old DD from either door into it, even across DS if he's already seated.

But, DS is almost 5. I have thoughts of switching to a booster for him to start trying it out. Maybe in place of the TFP? But that TFP is just such a reliable install and easy to adjust for either kid/spare kids if I need to. Hmm. Not sure on that one.

I'm boring :)

1mommy

If money was no object, I'd buy a bohemian blue pria for my ds2 and a recaro performance sport for ds1. Maybe a foonf for my car...tho I'd really have no need for the high weight or height of it....

nataliem257

Is this a real world scenerio? Because I would love to have a brand new Frontier 85 for when I turn DD2. I like it so, so much better than my 90. When mine expires I really think there might be some tears shed. I also want A Kiddy Cruiserfix but couldn't justify the cost, especially since Kiddy customer service is reportedly sketchy.

Three across Vibe Performance Booster-Vibe Performance Sport-Vine Performance Booster (in some theoretical vehicle large enough to accommodate it). Or 3 Foonfs. Or a Rainier but in the orange that the Pacifica comes in.

Last edited:

CMeMeC

Three across Vibe Performance Booster-Vibe Performance Sport-Vine Performance Booster (in some theoretical vehicle large enough to accommodate it). Or 3 Foonfs. Or a Rainier but in the orange that the Pacifica comes in.

Don't you love that orange? If I needed a convertible that would be a contender!

CMeMeC

Just for fun...
If you were replacing your seats, what would you buy?
I would need 2 boosters and a combination seat, so probably 2 performance boosters and a performance sport in black, red, or royal blue.

Hmmm...I wasn't even thinking about the second car. I love kaleidoscope, so maybe a frontier 90, a kiwi pioneer, and a black parkway. Oh, a purple cco for the baby I don't have!

jwilliams

Well, assuming this would be the next time I actually need to buy seats, I'd get a purple Performance Sport, a teal Performance Sport, and one of those ginormous Cybex boosters in whatever color DD wanted. And a Rodifix plus two Frontier Click Tights for my mom's van.

Rm2000hg

I have just bought new seats because of an accident but I was restrained by budget and the need to fit 3-across. If budget wasn't an issue, I would buy Clicktights for grandmother & babysitters cars. I also would have gotten myself a Fronteir and coordinating clicktight if 3 across wasn't an issue. I also would have gotten a performance booster instead of a cheap backless booster for one of my kids.

If I could have anything I wanted, I would want the clicktight marathon covers as options on the clicktight boulevards.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Cybex Aton 2 --> Cybex Aton Q in True Blue or Grape Juice

Titan 65 --> Purple Coccoro

Nextfit --> Nextfit Zip in Equinox

Roundabout G4 --> Hard to say -- I would prefer another Nextfit Zip for that car, but I like that the Roundabout is fairly easy to travel with....but if we had a Coccoro to replace the Titan 65, then that would probably become our travel seat anyway....so I guess I'd go with another Nextfit Zip in Equinox.

Boulevard Clicktight --> Probably another Boulevard Clicktight. This is the seat that's in my in-laws' car and I like that it is easy for them to install and will likely last them until she's ready for a booster. But I'd get the anti-rebound bar for them so that they can stop fussing with the rear-facing tether (which they wouldn't be able to use anymore if they got one of the newer Britax seats that no longer allow it).

I feel a little boring with my answers. Maybe it's because our car seats have all been purchased relatively recently and are exactly what I wanted, so there's nothing super amazing that I'm enticed by. The only buyer's remorse I've had with car seats is the Titan 65. I hate that thing. :-( We don't have a good need for it anymore anyway, now that we have two cars with seats we like. I would love to replace it with a Coccoro for travel, though. Other than that, I've been really happy with our seat choices and really fortunate that it's been something my husband and I have been able to spend the money to get what we truly want.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC