Question Incognito DOMs from amazon - ours is a year old! :(

Athena

Our full price incognito from amazon arrived today with a DOM a full year old.

(1) What DOMs have others been receiving, particularly in the northeast?
(2) Did yours come in a box?

I remember the one we bought months ago arriving in a manufacturer box, but this one did not. That combined with the old DOM left me suspicious.

Thank you!!!

ADS

bnsnyde

I just bought one on Amazon. I'd have to check. I am pretty sure it's a bit old. I mean, not old, but not brand new. Maybe a year old? It was $19.99 or so, thus I didn't worry.

My convertibles and other boosters are usually a few months old, at most.

CMeMeC

Our full price incognito from amazon arrived today with a DOM a full year old.

(1) What DOMs have others been receiving, particularly in the northeast?
(2) Did yours come in a box?

I remember the one we bought months ago arriving in a manufacturer box, but this one did not. That combined with the old DOM left me suspicious.

Thank you!!!

Mine is from Amazon didn't come in a box. I didn't even think to check the date, I guess I assumed since it was new it was, well, new. I did only pay $11 for it, so I can't complain.

Athena

I just bought one on Amazon. I'd have to check. I am pretty sure it's a bit old. I mean, not old, but not brand new. Maybe a year old? It was $19.99 or so, thus I didn't worry.

My convertibles and other boosters are usually a few months old, at most.

Did yours come in a box?

Mine is from Amazon didn't come in a box. I didn't even think to check the date, I guess I assumed since it was new it was, well, new. I did only pay $11 for it, so I can't complain.

How'd you get it for $11? :eek:

Dillipop

Amazon sometimes sells things in frustration free packaging, meaning in a plain white box instead of in the manufacturer plastic clamshell packaging. It's possible that is what occurred. Or Cosco brands tend to sell seats in just a plastic bag- scenera and such- so maybe it never came in a box.

CMeMeC

Did yours come in a box?

How'd you get it for $11? :eek:

I don't know. I added it to my bag at regular price and it stayed there for a while until i went to order something else. When I saw the price, I went ahead and got it. No coupons or promotions. It wasn't a warehouse item, either. I added another one to my cart and if I catch it at that price again, I'll order it. I have found that if you add items and do not order right away, the price fluctuates a lot.

Athena

Amazon sometimes sells things in frustration free packaging, meaning in a plain white box instead of in the manufacturer plastic clamshell packaging. It's possible that is what occurred. Or Cosco brands tend to sell seats in just a plastic bag- scenera and such- so maybe it never came in a box.

I wouldn't have thought anything of it if it hadn't come in a box last time. I think I'll ask Dorel if I have time tomorrow to make sure it's okay.

I don't know. I added it to my bag at regular price and it stayed there for a while until i went to order something else. When I saw the price, I went ahead and got it. No coupons or promotions. It wasn't a warehouse item, either. I added another one to my cart and if I catch it at that price again, I'll order it. I have found that if you add items and do not order right away, the price fluctuates a lot.

I've checked it a bunch of times and never seen it for less. :( I guess I'll add one and keep an eye on it that way. If you see it for less, please post!

CMeMeC

I wouldn't have thought anything of it if it hadn't come in a box last time. I think I'll ask Dorel if I have time tomorrow to make sure it's okay.

I've checked it a bunch of times and never seen it for less. :( I guess I'll add one and keep an eye on it that way. If you see it for less, please post!

Will do. The one I bought is tan and I gave it to my parents for their car. I want a black one for mine so I've been watching/waiting as well. Although, if I can get another one for that price, the color won't matter.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm not surprised if they are still selling down the first batch of them from the first production run, depending on the color. I keep them in my cart, 'open box' ones, and have seen them as low as $13 (I remember them going way up a long time ago, but then they were the 19.99 MSRP at Home Depot.com...strange how online shopping works!)

Athena

Not as good as $11 or $13, but 3 of 4 colors are $16.49 at diapers.com right now (after 25% off GREATSALE code). But I think it ends tonight. HTH someone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC