Travel with 8/9 year old

slgroves

We are considering a trip to Anaheim this spring and FL this summer to Disney. At least one of those trips will be on an airplane and public transportation. My daughter is old enough to be out of a car seat, but I still have her in a booster because she's a bit short (49 inches). I don't know anything about airplane or taxi regulations or suggestions, so if you would enlighten me, I'd be greatly appreciative. I would assume we will probably use taxis and buses some along with the flight. Thanks so much!

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
She won't need anything on the plane, but I'd definitely bring along a booster for any taxis/rental cars you might use. A BubbleBum would be a great choice because it folds down small enough to fit in a backpack or has a carrying case so you can easily tote it around.

Lemonade

We just did a similar trip and used Bubble Bums for both my kids. It was great overall but they are a funny seat so I would recommend getting it and trying it in your car to get familiar with it first. We brought collapsable stools because they found it easier to sit correctly with foot support. Probably overkill and it added an extra item to carry, but it made us all more comfortable with the choice.

If they have a lap/shoulder belt, then use the booster.

The Bubblebum is what we generally use for travel as well. It can be finicky to buckle, though, so if you'll be in and out of cars a lot then you might look into one of the super-light Harmony youth boosters instead -- you can carry it in a backpack and it's easier to buckle, but doesn't pack down as nicely as the BB.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC