Love the latch on the Foonf

sunflower

We just turned our Foonf FF for our 5 year old, and it took 3 minutes to figure out the latch, but I love the rigid latch. So easy, and tight! After installing, I realized that I needed to lift the straps by another slot. It took 1 minute to remove, adjust the strap, and 1/2 a minute to reinstall. It took longer to adjust the straps than to remove, and install. I wish all car seats had this.

We are pretty much set with car seats for the next few years, but I'll look at this when we need to buy a new seat, not before 2018!

I've got a Radian (exp. '18) and True Fit (exp. '17) waiting in my garage for the next babe. We'll see what fits best then in whatever car I have.

ADS

thepote

Are you using latch and seatbelt together? I always get hung up opening the shoulder belt lockoff.

I love it too! It's just mind-bogglingly heavy :)

sunflower

My son is about 30 lb. I thought it's only over 40/ 48 lbs. that the belt is needed. My kids are tiny!!

With the easy latch, the weight of the seat is not an issue. I'm not moving it out of my car any time soon. It was a "bit" heavy to move it from the 3rd row to the 2nd.

Thanks.

Dillipop

Are you using latch and seatbelt together? I always get hung up opening the shoulder belt lockoff.

I love it too! It's just mind-bogglingly heavy :)

We switched to latch and seatbelt a few months ago and even that is a super easy install! Latch it in, buckle the belt, remove all slack, and use the lock off.

We have a toyota and a foonf from when it could be used with latch until 40 lbs. DD is only 36 or so but we sometimes use the seat for my niece who is 45 lbs so installed with both.

sunflower

It depends on the vehicle. You can check on this thread:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=276011

Thank you so much! I did not realize the seat weighed over 30 lbs.!! I'll add the seatbelt tomorrow. Do I need to undo the seat, or do I just stick the seatbelt straight into the beltpath? When RF, it was seatbelt only, no anchors in that spot.

My other seats were always installed with setbelts due to so many seats in the car.
Thanks again

Dillipop

The only real way to install with both latch and seatbelt is to install with latch first and then add the belt. I would add the belt to your install an get it a tight as possibly and use the lockoff. It really should only add another 30 seconds to your install.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC