Question Abbreviations on this site??

Bebe

Don't understand what certain abbreviations mean...I want to be a CPST within the next 5 years but I'm just absolutely confused.
What do the following mean?
-60/40, 40 outboard?
-DD?
-DS?
-DH?

And any other abbreviations that I can't remember now. All help is appreciated :)

2 questions: Why did Fisher Price discontinue their product line here in the US but continued in Canada?
Why did Gerry Guard discontinue manufacturing and sales in the 90s?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Evenflo bought Gerry back then, so they either absorbed and renamed the good products or discontinued the bad products when they did. Shield boosters lost relevance when vehicles got shoulderbelts and top tethers, here's a history of why they are thankfully gone... http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/shieldbooster.aspx
Fisher Price just puts their name on other products, the stuff in Canada currently is Baby Trend in the US. :)

1mommy

DD= Dear Daughter
DS= Dear Son (We also use numbers, such as DS1 for the first/oldest son and DS2 for the second son)
DH= Dear Husband (or if i'm feeling angry at him its D*ck Head... lol)

You occasionally will also see DGD which I think is Dear Granddaughter

Kobain's Mommy

DD= Dear Daughter
DS= Dear Son (We also use numbers, such as DS1 for the first/oldest son and DS2 for the second son)
DH= Dear Husband (or if i'm feeling angry at him its D*ck Head... lol)

You occasionally will also see DGD which I think is Dear Granddaughter

:jaw:

;-)

LOL there can be other abbreviations that can be attached to "DH" but all pertaining to the same person...

Bebe

Abbreviations that people use on here

What does 60seat/40/40seat mean?
What does DSL and DD and DH mean?
What does SRN LATCH mean?
What is an 86y Harness?
I'm new here, an aspiring CPST, wanna get my license within the next 3 years. I need to know what everyone is talking about on here, I'm so confused!

Dillipop

What does 60seat/40/40seat mean? What does DSL and DD and DH mean? What does SRN LATCH mean? What is an 86y Harness? I'm new here, an aspiring CPST, wanna get my license within the next 3 years. I need to know what everyone is talking about on here, I'm so confused!

60/40 split is a bench seat that folds and one side is about 40% and the other is about 60%. You can also have a 50/50 split.

Dd is dear daughter. Dh is dear husband. Not sure about DSL.

SRN Latch is the safe ride news latch manual, I think.

86y harness is a harness made by ez-on that works with the seatbelt to create a harness.

Bebe

Thank you. I posted a similar post a few nights ago but I think it got deleted, don't know why.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC