Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Question 3 across in 3rd row of Toyota Sienna?

Is it possible to fit 3 dionos rear facing in the third row or two rear facing with one forward facing?

We haven't bought the car yet. We will have four car seats: one ff and three rf. We need three in the third row. We have three dionos (all rf) and a nautilus. If we have to, we will buy another diono to replace the nautilus.

We don't know yet if we're going new or used. We will probably end up with a '13, '14, or '15.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Re: 3 across in 3rd row of Toyota Sienna?

Thanks for starting a new thread!

So, I only have an 08 to try out so I can't guarantee that they will fit. If the third row is anything like the 08 and has a 6/40 split, you should be able to fit just about any seat on the 40 part and probably 2 diono radians on the 60 part. The only thing to keep in mind is that the 13/14 model years only have 1 tether anchor in the middle of the row, so you'd want to try a ffing radian there with 2 rear facing seats on the sides- again just about any seat will fit on the 40 part and a rear facing radian next to the ffing radian should be pretty easy to do.

When you have the seats all facing the same way, it makes it a bit harder to do. You may have better luck putting using a radian in the center and a my ride or another seat that sits higher on the outboard seat. This will allow the seats to puzzle together instead of fighting for the same space- as 2 radians are going to be at their widest at the same spots whereas 2 different seats may have their widest spots at different points making it easier to put them in.

The 15 will give you an extra tether spot, which I believe is on the passenger side like the 04-10 models but I am not positive.

I don't think you'll need to replace the nautilus. It should work either in the third row on the 40 portion or in the captains chair if you decide to do 3 rearfacers across the back. You may need to throw a different rear facing seat into the mix but again, since I don't have the model years you are looking for, you may not.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Hopefully someone with the model years you are looking at comes along- likely tomorrow, since it's getting late.

CCO 4/15