Is one seat/position in car safer for different kids?

Holly

I have a Radian RFing in the center and a Scenera RFing behind the passenger side. My 2 yr old is in the Radian and my 11 mo. old is in the scenera. With those seats installed where they are, is there a best seat for my kids? Are they already sitting in the best location for them, or would it be safer to have my 2 yr old outboard and my 11 mo. old in the center?

I know the center is the safest (as long as the seat fits there, and it does) but I have to have one child outboard. Would it be better to put the baby in the center since she is younger or does it not matter?

It would probably be a little easier to get my 2 yr old in and out of the scenera since it's just behind my seat and I dont have to crawl back there to get her in and out, and the baby is smaller, so maybe it would be easier to get her in the center?
We've had them swap seats a few times, mostly just to see if they both fit in each others seats and liked them. They don't seem to have a preference, but my 2 yr old can see out the window a little better if she is outboard.

ADS

Holly

Anyone?

I guess my post was a long way to just ask this:

Should I have my baby in the center since she is younger and my 2 year old would be safer outboard than the baby would or does it not matter?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I tried to ponder it... yeah, if possible, stick the baby in the scenera in the center... younger, more fragile kid AND slightly less safe seat. But now you're going to feel bad if you can't fit it there... don't feel bad if you can't fit it there, because honestly RF is so safe in any seat in the back there's really no good answer, which is why no one answered :love:

Morganthe

I tried to ponder it... yeah, if possible, stick the baby in the scenera in the center... younger, more fragile kid AND slightly less safe seat. But now you're going to feel bad if you can't fit it there.

.. don't feel bad if you can't fit it there, because honestly RF is so safe in any seat in the back there's really no good answer, which is why no one answered :love:

Exactly -- thinking about these nitty gritty theories makes my brain hurt. :eek: They're as darned safe as can be position & carseat wise.

Now it's up to you to drive defensively, offensively, alert, and avoid driver distractions -- of which, there are countless, especially since you have 2 young children in the vehicle with you.

I like the 4 second rule best and it's become such a habit I don't think about it. Basically, if you don't know it -- watch down the highways and roads to see whats ahead and on cross roads what you can see in those directions before you arrive at intersections. Count by 1-1,000 to 4- one-thousand (sometimes more) to determine distance and others' vehicles.

Try not to ever allow yourself to be surprised by other drivers' actions in front, to the side, or behind you. Anticipate. Use your mirrors and keep your primary focus constantly on the road.

okay, mild lecture over. You probably do all this anyway, but it's just a reminder that car seats only go so far. There's other factors to protect your children that are just as important. :thumbsup::love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC