Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New vehicle help! UPDATE in 1st post w pics!

Update! I'm super happy with the way things turned out. I was obsessively stalking Odysseys on Cars.com and Autotrader for like a week straight, and then just when I had gotten all the various insurance checks and other stuff deposited into my account, a new listing popped up and it was perfect! I ended up getting a 2008 EX-L in slate green metallic. It was just traded in like 2 days before I bought it, and luckily I was able to put down a deposit since I couldn't go pick it up for a few days. There ended up being a waiting list of people interested if I didn't end up taking it! It was in perfect condition and the price was awesome so I'm not surprised. It was perfect because it has a DVD player but no navigation, and I was planning on getting an Alpine Carplay unit installed anyways.

Here it is in my gross muddy driveway It looks different colors in different lights. But I like it.

And of course the car seats!

So our Grand Caravan just got totaled, and I'm looking to replace it with something else. I thought the Mazda 5 was my ideal vehicle, but now I'm seeing that it has really bad crash tests when it comes to side impact and overlap?

I don't want to spend more than $10K and we'll be paying cash so hopefully that will help us out in bargaining.

Should I go with a bit older Odyssey with higher miles? (We have a CRV and love it, despite its carseat un-friendliness)

Newer Kia minivan with lower miles?

I don't necessarily feel I NEED a huge minivan after having one for a few years, which is why I would have liked the Mazda, lower gas mileage and all. I wouldn't mind a smaller vehicle at all, in fact I would prefer it. But I just cannot deal with having the kids all in one row, I will tear my hair out.

Helllllllpppppp! I don't want to buy something and then realize I hate it/car seat install sucks/etc etc etc.

I guess I should have said that DD1 is 8 and still in a HBB, she has a Parkway. DS has a Parkway and a Kiddy Cruiserfix, DD2 has a Frontier85 in the CRV and a brand new Diono Ranier for the new vehicle.
    Last edited by Phineasmama; 03-14-2015 at 11:05 PM.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads