Nextfit FF seatbelt install?

wagonlover

I was trying to install FF some car seats at BRU yesterday to make sure that they would work with my Volvo fixed headrests. I did a FF belt install on a Nextfit, and it initially looked like it would do well as the seat fit nicely against the Volvo seat, and the head wings were staying in front of the headrest even when extended. The installation initially seemed acceptable (though not rock solid) side-to-side, but then as I checked it more, it got very loose and I was able to pull the front outboard corner (i.e. the one on the side of the lockoff) a few inches forward. The lockoff itself seemed tight. It seemed like I was finding slack from the area where the lap portion of the belt inserts into the car, almost pivoting towards the buckle. I tried it again several times, making sure to pull out all of the slack before using the lockoff. I also tried locking the seatbelt after installation, but that didn’t help either. I hadn’t used the tether, but wouldn’t think that should affect this issue. Any ideas what I was doing wrong? I’ve been saving an unopened Nextfit Zip that I got last year with a great coupon, and would be very sad if I can’t use it.

Thank you in advance for the help!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC