Question 2011 Mazda 3 4 door - Canada

U

Unregistered

I'm starting to look at convertible car seats for my little guy and I'm really trying to find one where my poor husband doesn't have to sit in the passenger seat with his knees to his chest. I currently have a 2011 Mazda 3, 4 door. My infant car seat is good for a bit longer but since we can't trade our car in for another year we're going to have to fit the new car seat into the Mazda. Does anyone know what car seat would fit best and is convertible?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Re: 2011 Mazda 3 4 door

Hi there. I'm sure we can get you several options. But first I'm going to bombard you with questions. We can't make recommendations yet based on your post.

How old, tall, and heavy is the baby?

What seat do you have, and is it on the side or in the middle?

Do you have a budget?

How tall are the front seat people?

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Re: 2011 Mazda 3 4 door

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply...
My lo is 5 months, about 25 inches and is about 15lbs.
I currently have the Safety 1st Light'n Comfy Elite® Infant Car Seat which is installed on passenger side.
I'm 5'1 and the driver and my hubby is about 5'11 and obviously the passenger.

I'd like to stay under $250 if at all possible, maternity leave pay is a killer.

Alison's Mom

I just posted this for someone else looking for a convertible in a small car, so just pasting the same reply. Hope you find something that works! The less expensive seats out of the list would be the Triumph, MyRide, and Guide. You might find a Diono Radian R100 for a little over $200 on sale. Angle Adjuster is less than $15 and sold separately.

For convertibles, this blog post might be useful, except many seats aren't available in Canada (I'm assuming you're in Canada): http://carseatblog.com/22818/the-ul...ertible-space-comparison-review-size-matters/

The Britax Click Tights would be one to try, although it has different acceptable recline levels based on the child's age/weight so keep that mind. The Boulevard and Advocate have higher harness height than the Marathon. Others to try would be the Dionos with Angle Adjuster (Angle Adjuster can only be used once child has complete head control and can sit up unassisted), Peg Convertible, EvenFlo Triumph, Graco MyRide, and Guide 65, again making sure you have it set for the right estimated age/weight when you are trying it.

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC