Question Looking to buy a van...

mommy_quigg

I have 3 boys, ages almost-10, 5.5, and 3.5.

10yo in a booster, needs to be able to get out the passenger side on his own for school, without climbing over 5.5 yo. He can climb over 3.5 yo, he doesn't get as upset.
5.5 yo in a Frontier, has autism, cannot be within arm's reach of either brother.
3.5 yo ffing in a SureRide. I might buy a Frontier for him too, depending on how much of my tax return money is left over. :)

I also give a ride to my friend's 5yo twice a week, she's in a booster.

I currently have a car, but am looking to buy a minivan with my tax return money. I love the stow 'n go seats as I'm a single mom so no man to haul them in and out for me (I have scoliosis so I can't lift them on my own), and I live in an apartment so I have nowhere to store them. I'd have to haul them up stairs and leave them in the middle of my living room. I want the room to haul the kids' bikes during the summer.
I don't know if I can afford them though, I can spend $5,000-$6,000.

Advice?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Bumping for you. My main advice is that if you want flexibility in where you put forward facing seats, look for something with more than 3 tether anchors. Also, the Town & Country/Grand Caravan has outboard third row seats that don't work with a lot of high back boosters and aren't safe for backless booster or belt only riders, due to poor geometry, and you also can't install a harnessed seat forward facing there (no top tether anchors.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC