4 New Seats!

scoutingbear

Dh was rear ended with 4 seats in his vehicle. Insurance is giving us $600 to replace all seats. Vehicle is a Nissan Murano, 3 kids in varying combinations could be in the car at any given time. I would prefer to be able to pass seats down to the kids since I have many convertible seats expiring in the next 1-2 years.

Children are:
A: 11 years, 58", 70+lbs, does not 5 step in this vehicle and may have to ride in front using on rare occassions (All legs with an itty bitty torso)
C: 8.5 years, 52", 68lbs. Prefers a HBB. Mostly torso with little legs.
M1: 4.5 years, 42", 40lbs.
M2: 6 weeks, 8? 9? lbs, 22". So far all legs.

ADS

bubbaray

I'm not sure US prices, but I would do Incognito, PW (or incognito if u could persuade), Frontier, Foonf. I don't know if those would necessarily fit. If the Foonf doesn't fit or is too expensive, my close second for the baby is one of the new Britax CT convertibles.

Kobain's Mommy

Are they just pulling a number out of their butt for the $600 or is that the value of the seats crashed? Because in my accident they had me find how much it was to replace the exact seats with the exact covers. Then I could buy whatever seats I wanted and they would cover up to the value of the crashed seats. My crashed seats were a SR32 in Zurich and MA70 in Crimson. Those were like $450. I replaced with G3 BLVD and FR 90 both in zebra. Those were $500 so I just had to pay a $50 difference.

scoutingbear

$600 was based on replacing the seats with the same ones that were in the vehicle. Crashed seats are: harmony youth booster, Monterey, clone, coccoro.

I don't have to replace with the same seats and don't know that I want to. ;)

Kobain's Mommy

I would go with the purple CCO for the baby replacement, but I just really love that seat and color. I agree with the Incognito and Parkway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC