3 Across in Nissan Leaf

hilarybrogers

So we just leased a 2015 Nissan Leaf in December and just found out (surprise) we are expecting #3. We currently have 2 Diono Radian RXTs that are rear facing, but I can turn the oldest forward facing in the middle seat when the baby's due (he will be 4 yo then). So my question is do I get a VERY narrow infant seat to put in one of the outbound seats or just get another RXT? Guess another option would be to get a new seat for the 4 yo (although he's on the smaller side height and weight wise like 15th percentiles or less) and then give the baby his RXT.

Thanks!
Hilary

ADS

Dillipop

Try out the radian rearfacing at a newborn angle before making a decision. The radian takes up a lot of room when rearfacing at 45 deg ad you may not be able to fit someone in front of the radian...

Unless you *really* want a bucket, I'd skip it and just get a convertible. That way you deal with this issue once. You could probably get Radian-Graco MyRide - Radian to fit.

littleangelfire

It won't last as long as the radian but since you have seats to pass down u wouldn't worry about it. I'd get a Combi Coccoro. Small width, small front to back

hilarybrogers

Guess I'm not sure what the 'newborn' angle is for the RXT? I have the angle adjuster to use and it's fine rear facing right now (front seats we can scoot back enough).

hilarybrogers

Ok yeah we won't be able to get a decent enough recline then. Is it ok for my 20 month old to be using the angle adjuster?

What is a good quality (I don't want something that is lesser quality than the Radians) but NARROW infant or smaller convertible? My kids are all small and yes we do have seats to pass down.

jwilliams

The angle adjuster is OK once the child has good head control. I would also recommend a Coccoro, especially since you have small kids. They fit newborns very nicely without taking up much front to back (or side to side) space. With a small child it should last 2-3 years.

hilarybrogers

Thanks. So the Combi Coccoro is a small convertible that would be permanently installed in the car (not a removable infant bucket-which is fine), but would an infant seat cost less since we can pass down? Does the Coccoro get the full infant recline easily?

littleangelfire

Thanks. So the Combi Coccoro is a small convertible that would be permanently installed in the car (not a removable infant bucket-which is fine), but would an infant seat cost less since we can pass down? Does the Coccoro get the full infant recline easily?

Yes, convertible car seat with no handle. I've removed ours with baby in it a few times when I was desperate for him to finish napping, it's light enough to do that, but is meant to stay in the car. Easy to get recline. Coccoro costs more than infant seat but also lasts a little longer. It's narrower than most infant seats, I think, but check the measurement pages

jwilliams

The Coccoro is narrower. The KeyFit is, I think, the narrowest RF-only seat, and is around 17" wide, and the Coccoro is 16" (even narrower at its base). The real advantage, IMO, is that it takes up less space front to back, so the front passengers don't have to suffer. The Aton infant seats are also compact front to back (more than the KeyFit) but are 17.5" wide at the handle. I loved having Coccoros in my tiny car.

meljc

We have a Coccoro for travel and I third the recommendation. My DS is small and just outgrew it RF at 3yo. If you can kick the can down the road that long, your oldest will be 7 and you can entirely re-evaluate your car seat needs OR you'll be in a bigger car.

jwilliams

Also just wanted to say I sympathize with leasing a small car and getting a surprise! We leased a Honda Insight thinking we were going to have one more baby (I was pregnant, just), but she brought an unexpected friend and we toughed out that three year lease :D I always tell people to POAS and get an ultrasound before buying a car now!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC