Which booster is best??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424495729.070562.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424495748.870158.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424495764.119755.jpg

So DD will be 6 in 2 weeks, weighs 41 lbs and is petite. She currently in harnessed in a FR90, but is begging for a booster for her B day. We have an 05 Ody, but that will be changed soon. We tried the Britax, Recaro and Graco with latch today. I know the pics aren't great because it's 10 degrees here, but do you have a fav? I liked the Recaro best. Thx for the help!!

ADS

nataliem257

Me too. I find that interesting because I had pretty much decided on a kidfit for my 6 1/2 year old (40 lbs), because I was concerned about belt fit with the recaro on smaller children. The colors are so tempting.....

mlohry

Me too. I find that interesting because I had pretty much decided on a kidfit for my 6 1/2 year old (40 lbs), because I was concerned about belt fit with the recaro on smaller children. The colors are so tempting.....

I think Recaro changed their boosters since I had my boys, the belt guides seem higher now, I remembered them to be really low and hard to get the seat belt through. That was not the case now. I really liked that seat, light weight but sturdy, the back didn't fall off like the Britax. It say low on DD's lap and the shoulder belt laid nice, not on her neck.

mommabritt

I think Recaro changed their boosters since I had my boys, the belt guides seem higher now, I remembered them to be really low and hard to get the seat belt through. That was not the case now. I really liked that seat, light weight but sturdy, the back didn't fall off like the Britax. It say low on DD's lap and the shoulder belt laid nice, not on her neck.

The back of the newer Britax shouldn't fall off either. You have to push on the back of the seat (toward the front of the seat) until you hear a click. That locks it into place with the seat bottom. :thumbsup:

ETA: I personally tried these three same seats with my small six year old (when he was six anyway) and the only turnoff for me was that Recaro didn't become backless. I knew he would use the BG portion until he outgrew it so I wanted that option. We ultimately chose the Britax for better belt fit

CMeMeC

So DD will be 6 in 2 weeks, weighs 41 lbs and is petite. She currently in harnessed in a FR90, but is begging for a booster for her B day. We have an 05 Ody, but that will be changed soon. We tried the Britax, Recaro and Graco with latch today. I know the pics aren't great because it's 10 degrees here, but do you have a fav? I liked the Recaro best. Thx for the help!!

based on the pictures, I think the Recaro looks like the best fit. Based on personal experience, I prefer recaro boosters.

bnsnyde

I'm a Recaro fan and will get those unless I totally cannot...like a tight 3 in a row. :)

And I would not even want the backless option (we have two Recaro boosters in our car) that are awesome!

For our van 3 in a row in all rows, I had to go backless for the 5.5, 7 and 8.5 year-old. Just to and from school and the setup works beautifully.

We had a Frontier90 and it was so hard to tighten, the straps were always looking loose. I didn't care for it. Plus it really dented up the seatbelt with Clicktight. Not saying it's dangerous, but I like a crisp belt. This belt never feeds back right to this day. It retracts fine with child in it though.

aeormsby

I love both of our Recaro boosters (Vivo & Performance booster) so I'd go for that one. It's definitely wide and doesn't convert to a NBB but those are the only drawbacks I can come up with. It hasn't had shoulder belt retraction issues in any vehicle we've had it in (which was a problem for our Britax booster).

nataliem257

I thanked your post because the good belt fit on your petite cutie pie made me finally pull the trigger on a Marine performance booster! :D

mlohry

I ordered the Recaro in Plum from Buy buy baby. They honored the BRU trade in with 25% off and free shipping to our house. There was an old crib left in our barn that was left by the previous owners. Got it for $110 with tax. DD can't stand the wait for it!

nataliem257

Sweet! Glad it helped!
just got it today, it's so so nice. It really seems more expensive than it was. It's pretty wide but still lightweight and the belt fit is excellent! Better than the other boosters we have (turbo SS, Amp, and harmony youth). I'm in [emoji813]

mlohry

just got it today, it's so so nice. It really seems more expensive than it was. It's pretty wide but still lightweight and the belt fit is excellent! Better than the other boosters we have (turbo SS, Amp, and harmony youth). I'm in [emoji813]

Funny! Got mine today too! We haven't tried it yet-it's my DD's b day present, oddly enough the only thing she's begged for! Gotta love that!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC